About these New Year's cruises...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Is there anything extra special (other than New Year's itself) to justify the cruise costing more than twice as much as normal? Or are all holiday cruises overpriced for the simple reason that it is a holiday? Really what I'm trying to ask is will I be extra wowed because of the whole NYE thing? Or am I just paying extra because of the date?

They were literally handing out bottles (not glasses) of champagne to people during our holiday cruises. They do a great deck party, with horns, etc. If your ship has the movie screen, they show the countdown from NYC, and the ball drop. Does it justify the extra cost? Well, we can usually only cruise during that week, so to us it does. Keep an eye on prices, though - our cruise has dropped quite a bit since we booked almost 2 years ago.

I've done 2 already, I have this year booked and looking for next years. Myself and my kids love them~ they are our favorites:D This is our "family" tradition. We got a great deal this year and I was thrilled. I'm thinking with the economy next year it may end up being the same. It may be a little more expensive, but with the atmosphere, decorations and the free champagne flowing it is a blast. They have a great deck party at count down time.

I wouldn't trade it~:D

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I'm not sure it comes out to twice as much $. We only paid $500 more per person for our NYE cruise on the Pride than we paid for the same cruise on the same ship for April. We then got an extra $200 off each person's balance when we went to make the final payment, so the NYE cruise ended up costing us just $300 more than a regular cruise.

Maybe the economy is going down the tubes, but it means there are some good deals to be had.

NYE cruises are fun, plus that is one of the times I can go, so it is so worth it for us.

I'd have to disagree that it is not more expensive. We are sailing on the Fascination on January 5th. We are paying less than $250 pp, whereas the NYE cruise is $649 pp. That is a huge difference, and it's sad because I would love to be on a boat for NYE.

We have done 2 new years cruises, it's great not worrying about drunk drivers. But as said above they are handing out bottles. Last year on the liberty. some adults got out of hand throwing them on the ground and in the pool. The next day the kids still found broken glass in the pool. They also had alot of VIP's on board who had a whole section roped off to watch the screen. (only 1 party) If you have young children beware, and make your own party in another room. Princess does a much better job at new Years.

We've only done it once but it was the best NYE's we've had. It was just me and DH and we had a blast. No worries about drunk drivers or who's is stuck with the DD job. We would love to do it again but it is substantially more expensive. I think it's VERY worth it.

Archived