Tampa/Orlando

CruiznWithHubby

This might be a stupid thread, and for all I know everyone and their brother's uncle checks the weather in the port they're flying to,,,,,

BUT,,,,,it is my experience that people expect Florida to be warm,,,

Heads up people,,,,,,if you are flying into Tampa or Orlando in the next few days,,,,it is FREEZING COLD HERE,,,,,

tomorrow morning it is expected to be 38-40 degrees depending exactly on the location,,,,,,we are talking record breaking cold for late October,,,,,

you might want to pack a jacket and wear long pants,,,,,,,

again,,,,,might be stupid, but I didn't think it hurt to toss it out there,,,,,Holly

And the good news is,it will be back in the high 70's by the weekend with a 10% chance of rain:) So be prepared to put your jackets away by the weekend.

yes, but in the MEANTIME, we are freezing our HINEYS off,,,,,,and I know the Inspiration goes out (I think) on the 30th,,,

but yes,,,,it will get progressively warmer all week,,,,until, thank GOD, it will be Florida sunshine and warmth again:cool: Holly

Hey Holly,

We just came in from roasting marshmallows around a fire pit ... here in Lakeland! What's up with this?

Leon

Danged if I know,,,,,,I'm in Plant City,,,,,,,it's supposed to be even COLDER here in Plant City/Lakeland than it is going to be in Tampa!!!!!!!

Holyspit, I'm freezing, and in the 7 years I've lived here, I've never seen cold like this this early,,,,,,,brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,Holly

That's tropical weather in Iowa! lol :D

I'm wondering how the weather will fare in January when we arrive in Tampa. That is...if our flight gets out of here, knock on wood.

LOL,,,not tropical for US,,,,January is one of our traditionally colder months, I'll warn you:p You might want to check the weather before you fly,,,,

it's not that it doesn't get cold,,,,,it's that it's so cold in OCTOBER!!!!!!!! I'm hoping it's a flook and we don't have the beginning of a very hard winter!!!!!!!!!!! Much colder and it could snow,,,,and that hasn't happened in like 30 years or something!!!!!!! Holly

It could be worse. You could live here in Brooksville. Its always 7-15 deg. COLDER than Tampa. Seems we live in a little cold pocket. Probably be close to 36 maybe less in spots north of here.

Tim

I think I saw that y'all in Brooksville were looking at like 28 tonight!!!!!! I'm telling you if I could afford it, I'd live in Key West,,,,,Tampa is about as far North as I can handle!!!!! I lived in Pensacola for a while, and it DID snow once,,,,,Holly

LOL,,,not tropical for US,,,,January is one of our traditionally colder months, I'll warn you:p You might want to check the weather before you fly,,,,

it's not that it doesn't get cold,,,,,it's that it's so cold in OCTOBER!!!!!!!! I'm hoping it's a flook and we don't have the beginning of a very hard winter!!!!!!!!!!! Much colder and it could snow,,,,and that hasn't happened in like 30 years or something!!!!!!! Holly

An average of highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's for January is what I've found so far. I can SO live with that considering it'll probably be below zero at home when we run away! :)

I've heard that it's going to be a rough winter this year. Is it legal to say snow and Florida in the same sentence? ;)

An average of highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's for January is what I've found so far. I can SO live with that considering it'll probably be below zero at home when we run away! :)

I've heard that it's going to be a rough winter this year. Is it legal to say snow and Florida in the same sentence? ;)

Uh,,,,,yeah, but if a cold front comes through we've done the 42 and 38 and 32 thing,,,although actual FREEZING is kind of rare,,,,

we usually have 50's-70's,,,,,,but not at all unusual to have a few weeks of really cold weather either :) But I bet it does sound good to you :) Holly

1989 Christmas Eve it flurried while I was getting ready to go to a Bucs game.....We had rolling blackouts because of the drain on electricity. it was in the teens.......:eek:

1989 Christmas Eve it flurried while I was getting ready to go to a Bucs game.....We had rolling blackouts because of the drain on electricity. it was in the teens.......:eek:

We had snow here. Have not had any since then though. So many accidents happened because no one knows how to drive in it and there is no plan to take care of the roads here with snow.

I remember that. I was working for Dominos Pizza back then. It was a little more than flurries in Orlando that year. I couldnt keep my window clean, the washer fluid froze on contact. Rolling blackouts every 20 mins ( less than that in some areas ). We had to close early, and we were extremly busy that day too. People either couldnt cook or didnt want too. That was one of my best half days ever. I made over 300 bucks in tips. for just about 6 hrs of work.

Tim

33 here in brooksville right now. Wouldnt be so bad but the heat in the hotel lobby doesnt work so good. I have to bring in my own space heater. The heat in the office is like a sauna, but nooooooooooooo, they cant get it fixed out here. Another vent might help.

Tim

33 here in brooksville right now. Wouldnt be so bad but the heat in the hotel lobby doesnt work so good. I have to bring in my own space heater. The heat in the office is like a sauna, but nooooooooooooo, they cant get it fixed out here. Another vent might help.

Tim

You are in the same freakin boat I'm in,,,,,I work at a hotel front desk, and I am freezing my hiney off because the boss is too CHEAP to fix the heat,,,,,

It's been broken a YEAR,,,,,and they don't care because they don't have to be here ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! Holly

I hate being the night auditor, we freeze in the lobby because our crack maintenence staff cant seem to figure out how to put the weather stripping on the doors. And the way the building was modified by the old owner was stupid. Its just as bad in the summer, cant get cold enough in here, air runs out the doors and we have a west facing lobby with alot of windows so that heats everything up. Heck we cant win at this place, and as little as they pay me ( 8.25 an hr ) Im highest paid at the desk :eek: . Its ok though, I get a check and can still cruise :D . Plus we get good employee rates from choice hotels.

Stay warm everyone.

Tim

I hate being the night auditor, we freeze in the lobby because our crack maintenence staff cant seem to figure out how to put the weather stripping on the doors. And the way the building was modified by the old owner was stupid. Its just as bad in the summer, cant get cold enough in here, air runs out the doors and we have a west facing lobby with alot of windows so that heats everything up. Heck we cant win at this place, and as little as they pay me ( 8.25 an hr ) Im highest paid at the desk :eek: . Its ok though, I get a check and can still cruise :D . Plus we get good employee rates from choice hotels.

Stay warm everyone.

Tim

They pay me 10.00 an hour because they were desperate,,,,no one else would do it,,,,,,,but I love the job,,,,,,except on cold nights when I freeze,,,,,last night I didn't see a single human being,,,,I played on the computer all night and watched a movie,,,,,and got paid to do it:D Life is good:D Holly

Whats a little cold weather folks. Its good for the circulation:D It was 68 this afternoon in Tampa and a little chilly tonight, besides, its great to turn the AC off for a change,

I remember those snow flurries. I was in Tarpon Springs at the movies enjoying the rolling blackouts and when I had enough we left and there were the flurries. Everyone was standing there like we were on the moon. Besides guys, it will be back to normal by Friday. Just in time for me to go on the Legend Sunday:D:D

Mark from Carrolwood

Archived