Groundhog Cruising

Bruinboy

I wondered if folk were more likely to choose new itineraries or do the same region/cruises again and again. Personally, I hesitate to take go to the same place twice, but to each his/her own. If I've been there and done that, I am not likely to do it again.

And for those of you who love the Caribbean, would you mind sharing your reasons why? That's one place that does not interest me at all. Again, to each his own. I've been there a couple of times as a part of another itinerary, such as a Transatlantic (St. Thomas and St Maarten), and a Panama Canal cruise. Just curious. Who knows, you might even talk me into trying a Caribbean cruise, but other places around the world sound much more exciting ... probably I'm just uninformed, as usual!!!

Happy cruising, wherever it takes you.

I do enjoy seeing new places and sometimes pick itineraries that have places we've been before, but always try to incorporate something new. If it's somewhere that I don't want to see, I just stay on and enjoy the ship.

I would be happy to just have all sea days as well, but I just love to be on the warm waters.

I absolutely love trying new places, but I really enjoy new islands in the Caribbean. The pristine and un crowded beaches are things dreams are made of. If you only visit the resorts, and the excursions given by the cruise company, then If you've seen one you've seen them all. Just depends on what you like to do. My family loves the beach so we love taking vacations there ( preferably the Caribbean). IMHO you have to get out of the "cities" and touristy places and explore each island on it's own. Man, just writing this is making me salivate to go on our cruise in March. There are unique things to do on each island, and a good guide can give you tons of alternatives to the ole' "beach break" at a worn out resort. To be in the Caribbean and stay on the ship is like driving to Florida and staying at Aunt Ednas retirement home and never visiting a beach.

I go for the beaches and sunshine, so I don't really care WHAT island I'm on! Once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen 'em all! I would never pay money to cruise to a cold weather destination. (Or even take a land vacation in a cold spot!!!)

We have Groundhog Day cruised. ;) When we get bored with the same itinerary we switch to something different but have always preferred our original route. So, back to the same old same old.

We are sun and beach people, so the Caribbean is where we like to sail.

Bahamas : Bacardi

Barbados : Mount Gay rum

Cayman Islands : Totuga rum

Dominica:Shillingford Estates (Macoucherie rum)

Jamaica: Appleton Estates rum

British Virgin Islands : Pussers Rum

Virgin Islands : Cruzan rum and Red Rum

To name a few

I wondered if folk were more likely to choose new itineraries or do the same region/cruises again and again. Personally, I hesitate to take go to the same place twice, but to each his/her own. If I've been there and done that, I am not likely to do it again.

And for those of you who love the Caribbean, would you mind sharing your reasons why? That's one place that does not interest me at all. Again, to each his own. I've been there a couple of times as a part of another itinerary, such as a Transatlantic (St. Thomas and St Maarten), and a Panama Canal cruise. Just curious. Who knows, you might even talk me into trying a Caribbean cruise, but other places around the world sound much more exciting ... probably I'm just uninformed, as usual!!!

Happy cruising, wherever it takes you.

We are definitely Groundhog Cruisers, much to my chagrin. It seems that year after year, we attempt to branch out and do other itineraries, but often it is these exotic ones that must be cancelled, mostly because they are longer trips. Just in the past two years, we were booked on a South America, a Northern European, and a Panama Canal cruise, but, because of projects at work, these goodies had to be cancelled. Which cruise didn't get cancelled?---the same old-same old on the Explorer out of New York! Oy!!

You mentioned the Caribbean. It seems that the Caribbean is often the most reasonably priced trips.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Bahamas : Bacardi

Barbados : Mount Gay rum

Cayman Islands : Totuga rum

Dominica:Shillingford Estates (Macoucherie rum)

Jamaica: Appleton Estates rum

British Virgin Islands : Pussers Rum

Virgin Islands : Cruzan rum and Red Rum

To name a few

Speaking of rum (and sorry for not staying on topic :rolleyes:) On our news last night they said TSA may lift the 3 oz liquid restriction for carry ons next fall.

We are running low on rum. Would sure like to be able to bring some back with us once again!!! :D:p;)

I sail the Western Caribbean, over and over and over again. Why? First I do not get on airplanes so my cruise ports have to be within driving distance from my home. This leaves me two options; sail out of New Orleans or Galveston. And, since I am still working and only take a maximum of 7 days of vacation at one time, driving to Florida is out of the question, That is until I retire in two years. Then it is off to the Eastern Caribbean, the Bahamas, Panama Canal, etc.

Flor d Cana!!! Preferably the 18 year old, but the 12 or 7 will do just fine. It's not really Caribbean because it's made in Nicaragua. Even though one side of Nicaragua IS on the Caribbean , but I digress. This is the nectar of the Gods. If you can find it at your local liquor store, I highly recommend it.

I can here the steel drums and the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore right now.

Put your ear tight up to your computer screen, you can hear them too!

Archived