portable ice coolers for your cabin

jmezmom

I have read on cc that many people bring small portable or collapsable coolers for their cabins.

We like to bring soda and water from ports for our room and the ice is always melted in our bucket, as well as being so small!

Please tell me what kind of cooler you bring, like size, or is their a specific kind to buy.

Thanks

We purchased a rolling soft sided cooler at Sam's many years ago. I have used it as a carryon for flights, then fill it with my soda before boarding. Own state room attendant has always been good about keeping it full of ice.

I bought a soft sided fold up cooler from Target over the summer - SO and I take it on motorcycle trips and use it in hotel rooms to keep sodas cold - and then it folds up small to go in bike luggage.

Try searching 'cooler' at walmart's online site - lots of stuff comes up.

I have read on cc that many people bring small portable or collapsable coolers for their cabins.

We like to bring soda and water from ports for our room and the ice is always melted in our bucket, as well as being so small!

Please tell me what kind of cooler you bring, like size, or is their a specific kind to buy.

Thanks

We always take a cooler for the cabin. We either take our softside with a hard plastic insert (holds 48 cans I think) and we pack it in our big duffle on wheels, or we take our collapsable that we bought from Costco. I like the softside with the hard insert for 7 nighters as there is no issue with it leaking where as some of the collapsable do. We just ask our room attendant to keep it full of ice and every day they fill it up for us. Works great, would never cruise w/o it.

You can get the smaller (24 can ones) or the larger softsiders at Target. I saw them there the other day. Walmart has them also.

For the roller coolers, I think Costco or Sam's makes the best quality ones. We have found they leak the least.

I would recommend if you do use a collapsable vs something with the insert, then put a garbage line in the cooler. That will help to keep it from leaking in the room on you.

Have fun.

We always take a cooler for the cabin. We either take our softside with a hard plastic insert (holds 48 cans I think) and we pack it in our big duffle on wheels, or we take our collapsable that we bought from Costco. I like the softside with the hard insert for 7 nighters as there is no issue with it leaking where as some of the collapsable do. We just ask our room attendant to keep it full of ice and every day they fill it up for us. Works great, would never cruise w/o it.

You can get the smaller (24 can ones) or the larger softsiders at Target. I saw them there the other day. Walmart has them also.

For the roller coolers, I think Costco or Sam's makes the best quality ones. We have found they leak the least.

I would recommend if you do use a collapsable vs something with the insert, then put a garbage line in the cooler. That will help to keep it from leaking in the room on you.

Have fun.

Thanks for all the details!

I found a nice collapsable online at walmart and I will be sure to add plastic bags to my list of things to pack!

We always take a soft sided collapsible cooler with us.

We ask the room steward to keep it full of ice and we store it in the shower. The cooler does sweat, but keeping it in the shower is no problem.

Our room stewards have always kept the cooler full of ice with no problem.

One hint, take a trash bag to bring the cooler home in. We've never seemed to be able to dry it out before it is time to head home.

Happy Sailing :) :)

our collapsable cooler is like 4 inches wide x 1.5 ft tall x 1.5 ft long- its about 1 inch thick on each side and bottom- does not leak! we bring those huge ziplock bags and put one inside the cooler for our ice- the if we want to chill down a coke we put it between the actual cooler and the bag filled with ice- also when time to leave the ship for home you just pull the bag out and voila your cooler is dry- our cooler never leaked but we started bringing the super large baggies to use as a liner so it would be dry for trip home-

those coolers are great- ours was an alumni gift from our college - its getting older tho so would love to find another one

The FI and I where thinking of bring a cooler on our cruise this May on EoS. When I called RCCL to ask them if we where allowed to bring one on board, I was told no we couldn't. Is that correct and the people at the pier are just allowing it or am I being misinformed?

If we are allowed, after reading the posts here in the thread I'm going to pick this one up prior to our cruise. It's collapsable.

9403l.jpg

Also, has anyone had a problem with bringing juice like V8 Splash on board? The FI and I are not soda drinkers, we'd rather have juice, so I'd like to grab a few bottles or if they come in a case to bring.

Archived