Explorer of the Seas Hump or no Hump

Hello:

This is tough call. Or maybe I’m making it harder than it is.

I have a 24 HR hold on two cabins on the Explorer of the Sea nine nights, need to decide tonight.

Cabin 6616 Cat.E2 on the hump. Cabin 9600 midship. Cat. D2. The D2 is two hundred dollars cheaper due to a resident rate sale.

I know about the deck 6 balconies. D2 is cheaper and a little bigger, still at midship. We sailed on Radiance on the hump and it was fantastic. There are no other hump cabins up above. What do you think.

Hello:

This is tough call. Or maybe I’m making it harder than it is.

I have a 24 HR hold on two cabins on the Explorer of the Sea nine nights, need to decide tonight.

Cabin 6616 Cat.E2 on the hump. Cabin 9600 midship. Cat. D2. The D2 is two hundred dollars cheaper due to a resident rate sale.

I know about the deck 6 balconies. D2 is cheaper and a little bigger, still at midship. We sailed on Radiance on the hump and it was fantastic. There are no other hump cabins up above. What do you think.

IMHO: Save the $$ and enjoy :)

That's a tough call. Normally, the E2 would be cheaper than the D2 I think.

However, 9600 is not far from the elevators. It is on the Concierge deck. It will have plexiglass on the balcony. It's a slightly bigger room and you are saving $200. Sounds like a win win situation.

We were in 6612 at the beginning of the hump. Yes - there was a bump in the view, but it was not a big deal. Most of the time you are looking out at the ocean, not up and down the side of the ship. The balcony was solid with no plexiglass. Also, deck 6 is the business area where Crown and Anchor sells future cruises. We found that there were often lots of people just standing around there blocking the access from the elevators across the ship. 6620 fronts right on the entrance to that area without a wall protecting the door. We are moving to deck 7 for our next cruise in a similar location to 9600.

Save the money - take the D2. While the location is nice being on the hump, be aware that on Explorer, unlike on Radiance, the balconies themselves are not any bigger than a regular side balcony. So if you go with the E2 all you would be paying extra for is that location on the hump. The D2 would give you the bigger room and the bigger balcony.

Archived