Are you taking Carnival or thinking about booking it?

kpparker

Then I encourage you to book with them... (post x-posted on Carnival board)

Have to share the GREAT news and hopefully help some of you out. I was checking out Carnival's website today and realized that the cost of my cruise for my 8I room has dropped $100 per person so I called them up... and guess what - they are having some sort of sale so for DBF and myself my Alaskan cruise is now $580 cheaper!!!! (total - not each)

Can you believe it? We are taking the May 20th Southbound cruise aboard the Carnival Spirit. Our room on the verandah deck aft room 7302 is $1089 per person (not including taxes) - what can beat that? I cant wait!!

So I encourage all of you to pick up the phones and call Carnival and see if you can get a better deal on your cruise - you might just save a bundle like I did!

Can't wait for my cruise!!! More money for excursions :)

Hi,

My husband and I just booked yesterday on the Spirit May 20th southbound also. We had been booked on the Liberty which they cancelled. This is our 2nd Alaskan cruise. Couldn't pass up the great deal.

Look for to chatting with you. I did not see a thread on the Carnival Forum for this sailing. Think we should start one?

Terry

Hi,

My husband and I just booked yesterday on the Spirit May 20th southbound also. We had been booked on the Liberty which they cancelled. This is our 2nd Alaskan cruise. Couldn't pass up the great deal.

Look for to chatting with you. I did not see a thread on the Carnival Forum for this sailing. Think we should start one?

Terry

Sure!!! Sounds like a great idea. Have you thought about what excursions your going to do?

Here's my schedule:

Sitka - Esther G Sea Taxi with Davey Lubin at 11:30am - such a nice man, can't wait to meet him!

Juneau - Harv and Marv Whale watching in the am then North Star Trekking Level 2 glacier helicopter and walk

Skagway - not booked yet but probably the 7 hour Chilkoot Charters tour

Ketchikan - walking around the town and then taking a flight to Misty Fjords with Island Wings

I can't wait! Going to be an awesome cruise.

There are 21 of us taking the southbound Carnival Cruise on May 20, 09. Eight of us are going 11 days early, 3 five days early, 4 four days early, and six just for the cruise. Have booked our flights but have not really settled on any excursions yet. Will be fourth trip for my husband and I. Second cruise two land trips prior.

Well it looks like there are a few of us on the same cruise. I am going to start a thread on the Carnival forum and it will be easier for us to find each other.

As for excursions, so far I have emailed Harv and Marv, and I have scanning the rest of the threads to pick up info on other suggestions. One thought my husband had was kayaking in Ketchican ???:rolleyes:

I will look into that. Southeast Sea Kayaks was recommended. We are not spring chickens, but are very active for late 50's..;)

Still looking for airfare that doesn't cost the same as the cruise !:eek:

I will start our Carnival thread today. I am also keeping tabs on our CC friends that we have sailed with before and were supposed to sail with on the Liberty next Sept. They are on the July 15th Spirit, and are great at finding port info.

See you both on the Carnival thread. ( May 20th Southbound)

Terry

This is a great price!!! But do realize this cruise may continue to also drop more!!! It is a disadvantage if you had any interior Alaska touring plans as you are, overall too early for Denali Park. I've sailed with Carnival three times to Alaska, they do a fantastic job.

Unsolicited suggestion...

If glacier viewing is a priority for you, consider booking an independent excursion. If for some reason you don't make your one glacier sailing, it'll save some disappointment.

Thanks for the tip - I'm planning to take a tour of Prince William Sound before the cruise.-

This is a great price!!! But do realize this cruise may continue to also drop more!!! It is a disadvantage if you had any interior Alaska touring plans as you are, overall too early for Denali Park. I've sailed with Carnival three times to Alaska, they do a fantastic job.

Thanks Budget Queen - I'll keep my eye on the Carnival website. I'd love to spend more time in Alaska before the cruise but time and budget permits. We'll have a day and a half in Anchorage and then we're spending some time in Seattle to visit with my boyfriends brother afterwards.... from this board I've pretty much grasped this won't be my last visit to Alaska - too much to see and do. This trip will be a great introduction with a bunch of amazing excursions planned.

Archived