oosterdam feedback

cccruiser1

Oh, I'm so envious! You've got just 29 more days to go before your sail on that elegant, Ms. O! We LOVE that ship! Sailed twice on her to Alaska - once in Sept. of 2006 and then again this past May.

The crew on that ship is wonderful - so helpful, courteous, and truly, lovely people. We still miss our bar man (Chris) and our room steward (Mano). Give them our regards!

Understated elegance, lots of nooks and crannies for "quiet time" though the ship never feels crowded. The thermal suites in the spa are soooo relaxing! oh, and the beds in the stateroom! Comfy beyond belief! Never slept so good in my life - and this from a woman "of a certain age, shall we say" who averages only about 5 1/2 hours per night! On this ship, in those beds - I had to drag myself out of bed! You will love it!

We enjoyed many hours at the outside (though covered) bar on the upper pool deck - great place to enjoy the spectacular scenery of Alaska as we cruised by. The Crows Nest is wonderful too - wrap around views in comfortable lounge type chairs, and hardly ever crowded!

Excellent peach melba sundaes in the dining room - delicious! And the turkey clubs from room service are to die for! Speaking of room service, fill out your door hanger card each evening, and use your room service breakfast delivery as your "wake up call." Take it out onto your verandah (if you are fortunate enough to have booked one) and enjoy that coffee and omelet staring out at the sea! Heaven!

Give the Oosterdam our best, please. Keep her ship shape for the next time we sail her! Enjoy your cruise - happy sailing!;)

We will be on her Dec. 13th. Never been on HAL, looking forward to the "understated elegance" and quiet niches. Our two daughters will have a separate cabin and I will be ordering breakfast room service for them to join us in the a.m. on our balcony. The steward may at first think we are heavy eaters. LOL

We are going on our 2nd in January. Loved the ship and staff when we were on her December 06. The only thing is that a poker group was on her at the same time and so we could't use the Crows Nest. So we will be like first timers too on her in that way. I can't tell you how great the staff was. They sure do want to please. Food was good and their burgers are to die for.

Have a good time and enjoy what they have to offer!

Nan

We sailed the "O" in September and had a wonderful trip. I agree with the poster who said that they slept great. I have terrible insomnia, but somehow the gentle rocking of the ship kept me in dreamland, especially on sea days. We found the staff to be wonderful. We were treated so well. I agree about breakfast on the verandah, so luxurious! We loved the crow's nest, had dinner one night in the Pinnacle Grill, which we found very good. Now, when I am looking for cruises, I find myself automatically drawn to the "O". If you enjoy wine, bring on board several bottles...much less expensive than ship board and you can enjoy a glass of wine on your verandah each evening.

Have a wonderful trip. I would love to cruise with my kids...maybe one day.

Just got off this morning. Second time on the Oosterdam. Loved it even more this time. Entertainment was outstanding. We went to every show. The big surprise this time was final night dinner. It was called the Master Chef dinner.

Food was very good and the experience was very entertaining. We all were given larger Chef hats to wear.

Joel Mason put on two terrific shows. Piano bar sing alongs were really good with Johnny Jones. He will be on the ship only a few more weeks. That was the place to go every evening.

I could go on and on. ship still very clean.

We sail her again on Feb 28th San Diego to Rome 32 days. Can't wait.

Our cruise critic group got together 3 times and was a really nice group.

Regards,

San Diego Sue (Gloria)

it's been almost two years since i sailed on the oosterdam, but i'll never forget the wonderful experience. i had a mini suite on the navigator deck and i had breakfast on the veranda every morning. it was very speical. feel free to write in anything you want for breakfast even if its not on the menu. i love eggs benedict and wrote it on the menu and it arrived hot and delicious at the right time every morning!

i can't praise hal, the crew and shipbuilder for creating a truly wonderful ship. since i can't sail her to mexico anymore, i'm sailing on the westerdam (sister ship) next september to alaska. hope that trip will duplicate the oosterdam.

you're going to love your cruise.

Hi Sue, Thank you for the info. Our group has mixed opinions about the show times, I like them late so we don't have to rush to get ready for dinner before the show. It seems that HAL has decided to leave them early. I guess I will get used to it - as long as I am cruising, I'm happy! :)

Archived