SeaBands - anyone used them?

cmalibu1

If the bands work for you, great, but they don't do much for me or DH. We did the bonine and the ginger and the...well, you name it, but now we just do the patches. I haven't had anything work as well or as quickly (or last as long) as they do. Stick one behind the ear, get used to it (typically 15 minutes with a bit of dizziness or drowsiness) and then I'm good for at least three days. They stay on well diving or swimming, etc, and I can happily read on my balcony in 20+ foot seas (and, more importantly, happily EAT).

You'll need to see what works best for you, but if it were me I'd get a prescription for these and take it with me in case the other solutions don't work for you -- it's your vacation, and you want to enjoy it, not just survive it!

Thanks for telling me where to get the Sea bands. I also bought drops that go behind the ears. They say that there are no side effects from those too.

I've used the patches the last 3 cruises, but the thirst that I always had in my dry mouth, and being tired at night, plus my pupils were totally enlarged, so I had to go to something else. On the PLUS side, I was never sea sick from the patch. But this time I have to change.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Christapie

Just got back from our 1st cruise. I put the seabands on 1 hour before boarding and took chewable bonine also 1 hour before boarding. NO problems, and the ocean was quite rough the first night, (they had to cancel shows). I kept up with the bonine 2x day (am and late afternoon), and kept the bands on. It worked GREAT

Archived