Does Millenium have "informal" nights?

Shelli

Last year on the Century, we had 2 formal nights, plus 2 "informal" nights, where men were requested to wear jackets. The other 3 nights were casual. My friends have just booked their first cruise on the Millenium, and we were discussing the dress code. They tell me that their travel agent insists that other than the formal nights, dress is casual for dinner.

Can any recent Millenium cruisers verify this? Are informal nights a thing of the past? Thanks.

How Many Formal/Informal/Casual Nights are on my cruise?

Cruise Length Casual Informal Formal

5-Night 2 2 1

6-Night 2 2 2

7-Night 3 2 2

9-Night 4 2 3

10-Night 5 2 3

11-Night 5 3 3

12-Night 6 3 3

Unfortunately, I think there's too many TAs out there who misrepresent the Dress Code.

Hi Shelli,

Cruise Junky has the right distribution of designated evening attire. I think the TA that you mentioned was referring to the observance of the dress code. I have noticed that a fair percentage of the men in the dining room on an informal night will be wearing a sport shirt and no jacket. On a trans Atlantic cruise in September we had one of our tablemates, at a table for 10, come to dinner in a sport shirt one informal dress night. The following informal night the rest of the men came to dinner in sport shirts, and the other gentleman came with a jacket. It seems his lack of a jacket the first informal night was inadvertant. While most men would be more comfortable with a sport jacket on an informal night it is no big deal to dress casual.

Peter

It' s somewhat a matter of semantics, too.

The difference between formal and not is pretty clear

The difference between informal and casual is a little bit grey. What someone might consider informal, someone else might consider casual and vice versa.

Fwiw, I think the term "informal" is a terrible one - semi-formal would be much more appropriate.

There may also be a shift in favour of more casual nights happening, I think some Celebrity Alaska cruises this year were all casual except for two formal nights - I know our Princess cruise was.

Bah, humbug!

Archived