Bought CruiseAir YSJ-MCO..

PseudoJenn

and THEN stumbled upon this wonderful forum.

Now I'm wondering what I should do.

Flights are STILL over a year away so in about a month, they should start showing up for Air Canada.

Price I got from Carnival was 649US RT with xfers.

I priced out a Sept trip on Expedia RT and it was 889CDN.

Our TA mentioned something about the 50$pp deviation fee.. and now I'm understanding it more. I really had wanted to fly out the day before seeing as we'll be off work then and who knows about the Canadian winters and planes being able to get out of the smaller airports.

I think I'm going to have to do some research, but with all of your combined expertise.. do you think I'm better off to watch seat sales and book the day before our cruise is supposed to sail and stay in either Orlando area or Port Canaveral (probably PC.. right?)the night before we sail?

Thanks for any input and help!

Oh, and seeing as we have only paid deposit, do you think we're able to cancel the CruiseAir without penalty?

Okay, so I called the TA.. no worries, no penalty to take AIR off of our booking.

We will leave it on there for awhile while we keep an eye out for seat sales as soon as they start allowing for booking. Right now, we still have to wait a month before seats will be put into the systems for that time...

Sweet! Thanks.

We'll be looking for sales and then cancelling our cruiseair.

I was one of those people that thought that if I booked air through the cruise line that THEY were responsible for getting me to the next port or helping me in some way.. never realizing that it was provided as a convenience and had no liability. Blech! I don't like consolidator tkts!!!!

Archived