Internet charge for stateroom access?

oldreb

We are taking a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. I am thinking about bringing a laptop along as the staterooms are supposed to have internet access. Anyone know what the charge for this on an 11 day cruise?

Thanks

Thanks but I need the stateroom connect charge not the internet cafe charge. RCL says that you can bring your own laptop and access internet from your stateroom for a fixed charge for the length of the cruise. That is the rate I am looking for.

Thanks

Thanks but I need the stateroom connect charge not the internet cafe charge. RCL says that you can bring your own laptop and access internet from your stateroom for a fixed charge for the length of the cruise. That is the rate I am looking for.

Thanks

Hi again. That IS the stateroom charge. Used it for my laptop and also in the Internet Cafe place on their computers when I needed to print some papers. You will be given a passcode to access the service, select the rate you want, and connect. Your account is then billed. I'm not aware of a charge for the duration of the cruise. Be aware that you don't get refunded any unused credit.

I think you are talking about cybercabin which used to connect in your cabin for a flat fee of $100 per week, we were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago and they no longer offered this, we had to us wifi on our laptop for the rate of 55 cents.

I am not sure if they discounted this on all ships or not, but my husband liked the cybercabin and used it several times on different shipsj

I think you are talking about cybercabin which used to connect in your cabin for a flat fee of $100 per week, we were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago and they no longer offered this, we had to us wifi on our laptop for the rate of 55 cents.

I am not sure if they discounted this on all ships or not, but my husband liked the cybercabin and used it several times on different shipsj

Thanks CSK.... I'm not aware that Jewel has cybercabin..... the Jewel info on the website only mentions wifi.

As of the Jewel TA in Sept. Cybercabin was still offered at $10 per day.

However the service did work great the first day and I couldn´t get connected or load any sites after that, so gave it back the third day.:(

ETA: No WIFI in cabins on the Jewel unless you are very close to a hotspo and lucky to catch a signal.

Archived