Wine Shop near San Diego Seaport Area

Mauizach

Anyone know of a Wine Shop within walking distance of the cruise ship dock area in San Diego, or between the airport and the port?:confused:

I am trying not to bring any on the plane with the new luggage weight guidline I can hardly tell my wife to leave all the clothes and shoes. Telling her they are too heavy, then pack wine...That will not go over well! Help please,,,,

Nothing between the airport and the pier. If you just want jug wine, they sell some at the shop in the Holiday Inn on the Bay, or at the Rite-Aid drug store that is about 4 blocks away. Otherwise, your options would be the Ralph's supermarket near Horton Plaza (about 10 blocks), or Cost Plus World Market (372 4th Ave) or the San Diego Wine and Culinary Center (200 Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA‎ - (619) 231-6400‎) which you can get to on the San Diego Trolley pretty easily, or take a cab from the airport to Trader Joe's at Liberty Station, do your shopping, then call for another cab to take you from there to the pier.

If you're heading over by Ralph's and Cost Plus, there's the Wine Bank at 363 5th that specializes in wine. It's about a mile away from the cruise ship terminal. Going the opposite direction, there's Tango Wine Co. at 2161 India St. which is about .7 miles away. You can order from Tango online and pick it up in person.

• 2 months later...

We had a small group headed for mexico and ordered 2 cases of wine from Tango Wine in San Diego. We had stopped in and tasted a couple of wines, ok a bottle, and then purchased two cases. They delivered it for free to our downtown hotel so we stashed it into our suitcases to board. They are under a mile away from the cruise ships so certainly walking distance - located close to San Diego Airport too. We were told we could also call or order online the next time.

Anyone know of a Wine Shop within walking distance of the cruise ship dock area in San Diego, or between the airport and the port?:confused:

I am trying not to bring any on the plane with the new luggage weight guidline I can hardly tell my wife to leave all the clothes and shoes. Telling her they are too heavy, then pack wine...That will not go over well! Help please,,,,

Archived