Another mini suite question

RTEJME

I KNOW I AM BEING PARANOID, BUT THE PICTURES POSTED OF THE MINI SUITES SEEM VERY SMALL AND NARROW. IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE HAVING A SOFA IN THE ROOM? IT IS OUR FIRST PRINCESS CRUISE ON NOV 15TH ON THE RUBY AND WE ARE USE TO THE SIZE OF THE SUITE ON CARNIVAL'S NEW SHIPS WHICH ARE LARGE AND THE SAME PRICE AS THE RUBY MINI. HOPING WE DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE CHOSING PRINCESS. ALSO, WE HAVE HEARD THERE IS NO INTER ACTIVE CHECKING OUR CHARGES TO OUR ROOM ON THEIR TV'S. WHY IS PRINCESS FALLING BEHIND ALL THE OTHER CRUISE LINES? :confused:

I KNOW I AM BEING PARANOID, BUT THE PICTURES POSTED OF THE MINI SUITES SEEM VERY SMALL AND NARROW. IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE HAVING A SOFA IN THE ROOM? IT IS OUR FIRST PRINCESS CRUISE ON NOV 15TH ON THE RUBY AND WE ARE USE TO THE SIZE OF THE SUITE ON CARNIVAL'S NEW SHIPS WHICH ARE LARGE AND THE SAME PRICE AS THE RUBY MINI. HOPING WE DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE CHOSING PRINCESS. ALSO, WE HAVE HEARD THERE IS NO INTER ACTIVE CHECKING OUR CHARGES TO OUR ROOM ON THEIR TV'S. WHY IS PRINCESS FALLING BEHIND ALL THE OTHER CRUISE LINES? :confused:

Ya might want to hit the cap lock button to turn off your caps. ;)

As for your question. Yes, the mini suites are long and narrow on this class of ship. I am sure the pictures you have seen are exactly what you will have waiting for you.

No, Princess does not have interactive TV and have not heard of any rumors of them installing it in the near future.

Enjoy your cruise!

Not sure how many people will be in the mini with you, but it's roomy enough. We traveled on the Crown Princess with our son who was 22 at the time, and there was more than enough room for the three of us. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sharon

I have no idea what Carnival's rooms are like but the mini-suites on Princess are the second largest type of room on their ships--only full-suites are larger.

I think the mini-suites are very large for cruise ship accomodation. Remember that cruise ship rooms are not like hotel rooms.

How many people are staying in the room? If it's two, then you'll be fine. It's lovely. If you have 4, then you will be crowded but many families do it.

Why not get an actual room measurement from both cruise lines? then you can compare them?

We too are trying a mini cruise on princess for the first time next weekend. It still does seem smaller, but in comparison to our last room (inside cabin on carnival) I think we will enjoy this much.

Thats the thing about cruises, as long as you can have a balcony, not many people spend too much time in their room anyway. I am sure you will enjoy it!

As far as the account updates via tv..that is definitely one thing I am going to miss. It was quite convenient to have access to that. Especially when you dont keep trackof things for a couple days.

Do we just go to the pursers desk for a print out of our bill?

We too are trying a mini cruise on princess for the first time next weekend. It still does seem smaller, but in comparison to our last room (inside cabin on carnival) I think we will enjoy this much.

Thats the thing about cruises, as long as you can have a balcony, not many people spend too much time in their room anyway. I am sure you will enjoy it!

As far as the account updates via tv..that is definitely one thing I am going to miss. It was quite convenient to have access to that. Especially when you dont keep trackof things for a couple days.

Do we just go to the pursers desk for a print out of our bill?

Yes, just stop by the pursers desk at any time during your cruise (many times there is no line and they aren't busy at all) and they will gladly print off a copy of your shipboard account for you to review. And you can do this anytime, as many times as you wish during your cruise.

Thanks for all your replies. Sorry I was not shouting, but glad to know that. I have learned so much by reading all of the posts. I never realized that these exsited. They are so informative. And I so look forward to my cruise.

Thanks for all your replies. Sorry I was not shouting, but glad to know that. I have learned so much by reading all of the posts. I never realized that these exsited. They are so informative. And I so look forward to my cruise.

CC is a great site, and who knows you may end up like some of us, totally addicted to this site :D

Susan :)

Hi:

Welcome to CC. Where in CT are you? We are in Orange.

CC is the best source of information relating to cruising. I come here for any and all questions and always find the answer. I have also made many new friends, even though I have only met a handful of them.

Regards,

Arlene

we just got off our 2nd Princess cruise in a mini suite. The room and bathroom are very nice and there's a very large closet area with plenty of room. the balconies are large and fit a table, 2 chairs, and 2 loungers. I do have to admit that it is the same size room as a standard balcony room on Carnival though and the balcony is open rendering it useless in the rain. Despite these issues, I still would take Princess over Carnival any day; you'll see what we mean.

I haven't been in the cabin you mentioned on Carnival, but we love a mini suite and almost always book one (including the Ruby in January! ). It will have a comfortable sitting area with a full couch and 2nd TV, the closet area is out of sight and handy as a changing room, and the full bath with tub and full vanity is a real pleasure. Hope you enjoy it!!! But also let me add a little bit of friendly advice--- please keep an open mind about the overall quality of your cruise. We prefer Princess to the other lines, but I have never seen a cruise line (including Princess!) which is the best in all areas. Too many posters write in here after their cruise and say they spent most of their time comparing their Princess cruise to other lines they have been on--- and they usually end by saying it wasn't a great trip. Try to relax and enjoy the differences. Afterwards, of course you are free to decide you may prefer another cruise line, but it's a shame to let that put a damper on the cruise you're on at present.

WHY IS PRINCESS FALLING BEHIND ALL THE OTHER CRUISE LINES? :confused:
"All" other cruiselines? I've been on several and have yet to have interactive TV, nor have I missed it. It's a very simple thing to go to the Front Desk and ask for a printout; it takes only a couple of minutes and then you have the printout and make notes and check out the charges without staring at a screen.

I started to think about this interactive TV thing and realized that we have seen this 'almost' on a couple of cruises on other lines. The reason I say 'almost' is because both sailings, it was down more than up and running. It was more frustrating then not having it at all, as throughout our cruise we would keep checking it, but it didn't work. Finally about the last full day onboard they announced it was broken and they had been attempting to repair it (now they tell us on the very last day). And attempting to get a print out at the pursers desk of our onboard account made us feel like we were bothering them.

I think I like the way Princess handles this better. :)

We have sailed in both a mini and a balcony room. The mini is just more comfortable. As for the interactive account info on the tv, I think it is almost just as easy to get a print out. That way I have the paper copy and can easily check off all my purchases and room charges.

I didn't know it was shouting either....:D Wow learn something everyday.

I have sailed on Carnival Spirit, Oosterdam & Seabourn in mini-suites. All of them ranged from interior 275sqft - 290sqft. On Veendam I was lucky enough to have a much Larger suite at 375sqft. I am going on my first Princess cruise on Sapphire in Jan and have booked a mini-suite on her. The interior of them are still in the same interior square footage range as the above. Its the just the layout that differs, instead of having the sofa & coffee table at the end of the bed as it is on Carnival and HAL it is divided so the sitting area is seperate to the bed area like I had on Seabourn loved that too. I'm sure we will still love the mini-suites and enjoy our cruises. You'll still have the extra space your use to, enjoy difference.:D What suite did you have on Carnival a mini or the larger suite? On Spirit there wasn't a great deal difference between the suite sizes.

Anthony

I didn't know it was shouting either....:D Wow learn something everyday.

FYI-For more information on different things related to Cruise Critic, check out the Community Guidelines, it is a wealth of information for posting.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

Here is the section about posting in all caps:

ALL CAPS Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

Arlene we are in Suffield, Ct. After reading all the replies I know we are going to have a wonderful time. I certainly will not complain. How can I it is a brand new ship and it is a vacation. Thats what is important. I am addicted to the CC I am going on every day and reading all the great info I get. Thanks All:p

FYI-For more information on different things related to Cruise Critic, check out the Community Guidelines, it is a wealth of information for posting.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

Here is the section about posting in all caps:

ALL CAPS Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

Gosh give the newbie a break. Give the caps discussion a break. Ask a mini suite question and get the book of etiquette thrown at ya!

Hope your question on the mini suite was answered.

Gosh give the newbie a break. Give the caps discussion a break. Ask a mini suite question and get the book of etiquette thrown at ya!

After answering the actual question myself, someone posted that they did not know about this 'all caps' thing. Thought I would send them in the right direction to read a bit so they were no longer in the dark.

Wasn't being snarky, just trying to be of assistance. Yours was more on the snarky side if I do say so myself. Look in the mirror before jumping on others. If you felt my post was wrong, you didn't make it right by being sarcastic. IMHO! ;)

The OP seemed genuinely grateful to have the caps etiquette thing explained and has changed their typing "behavior". That's a good thing. My sister constantly types with the caps lock on and no amount of pleading with her will make her change... :rolleyes: ... bugs the heck out of me.

And yeah, the mini-suite will be plenty big. The full bathroom is a joy! Taking a bath while the ship is moving is an experience. :p

I have a "mini" question that I thought I'd tack on here, rather than starting a new thread - OP I hope you don't mind!:)

Can someone give me a comparison of the balcony size of an AD mini on Emerald deck (NOT one of the plum ones on the end, but just one of the others). I'm sure they are not the same size as the Balcony rooms on Caribe, but are they comparible to Dolphin mini balconies? Are they larger than balcony cabins on Baha and above?

Thanks in advance.

I have a "mini" question that I thought I'd tack on here' date=' rather than starting a new thread - OP I hope you don't mind!:)

Can someone give me a comparison of the balcony size of an AD mini on Emerald deck (NOT one of the plum ones on the end, but just one of the others). I'm sure they are not the same size as the Balcony rooms on Caribe, but are they comparible to Dolphin mini balconies? Are they larger than balcony cabins on Baha and above?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

The mini suite balcony is about 9' X 7'. The Caribe deck balcony cabins it is 9' X 9'. So, it is a little bit smaller in the minis, but not all that noticeably smaller. And the interior of the mini suite is much much larger then the regular balcony bedroom cabins. ;)

For High C's with ? on mini-suite balcony size:

'regular'/not last as you head aft on Emerald deck -Cat AD minisuite balcony on Emerald is 9 ft wide x 7 ft deep with full ceiling cover.

Dolphin deck mini-suite balcony is 9 ft wide x 7 ft deep with no ceiling cover.

Caribe deck balcony (not mini-suite) is 9 ft wide x 9 ft deep with ceiling cover over first 5 ft.

Baja deck and higher balconies are 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep with full ceiling cover.

Archived