AC on the Pearl

KT4209

We have booked a Penthouse Suite (cat AC) on the Pearl. The balcony is a wonderful 144 square feet. My question is, since the cabin is facing the front, will it be uncomfortably windy on our balcony while the ship is moving?

Thanks for your comments!!

We had an AC on our June cruise in Alaska and we were out there a fair amount of time while the ship was moving. I am not sure how that may compare with your route but we were pleasantly surprised by how much we could use the balcony and we love the suite!

We had 9500 on the Pearl and thought it was wonderful! We spent many afternoons out on the balcony, even while the ship was in motion. If it's too windy close to the railing, move back toward the door.

You will also note there is a sign posted you need to keep the window coverings and the balcony door closed at night. That's so the light doesn't interfere with the Bridge's view of the ocean. But it doesn't mean you can't go out on the balcony at night. Just close the door behind you. Oh, the door is a "hull" type. You don't have a sliding door. You wouldn't want a sliding door if you hit really rough water anyway.

Another caution. If you have the balcony door(s) open and someone opens the entry door to your suite, you will think you've hit a tornado. The vacuum is enough to scare the wits out of you and you won't do it again! :eek:

I wrote a review on this suite - it's in the review section from February 2008.

Again, we thought the AC suite was magnificent and are waiting (im)patiently for the upsell desk to call and offer us one on our 11/8 sailing. They only have a few days left to send the email. :p

We had an AC (10500) on the Jewel last year and LOVED it. The wind is a bit of a factor when the ship is moving, but the size of that balcony and the views pulling into port far outweigh the wind factor (in my opion). When it did get windy, we would just sit down in the lounge chairs so that the plexiglass would block it some.

We had an AC on our June cruise in Alaska and we were out there a fair amount of time while the ship was moving. I am not sure how that may compare with your route but we were pleasantly surprised by how much we could use the balcony and we love the suite!

Same for us, but we went in September of last year. We used the balcony a lot, it was a wonderful place to view Glacier Bay. It can be breezy sometimes though.

We were calling each other rif-raf , with 4 AC cabins and 2 OS on deck 9 we would jump the railings to each others balcony's, base over bottles of booze from the OS, smoke cigars and best of all on new port days we had the best view.

We all had upsells for these cabins.

We have booked a Penthouse Suite (cat AC) on the Pearl. The balcony is a wonderful 144 square feet. My question is, since the cabin is facing the front, will it be uncomfortably windy on our balcony while the ship is moving?

Thanks for your comments!!

Which one do you have? The reason I ask is that 10000 and 10500 have the "bump out" from the bridge that makes for a nicer balcony and more room in the sitting area of your room.

The quick answer on the wind factor, though, is that it depends on how fast the ship is moving (and which direction the regular wind is coming from).

Which one do you have? The reason I ask is that 10000 and 10500 have the "bump out" from the bridge that makes for a nicer balcony and more room in the sitting area of your room.

The quick answer on the wind factor, though, is that it depends on how fast the ship is moving (and which direction the regular wind is coming from).

Actually, the two with the "bump out" have less room on the balcony, since it is reduced by the space taken up by the bump out. That being said, I would jump on one of those two if available. The bump out gives you a nice sitting area with lots of windows. We loved having that as an option when it got really windy outside.

Archived