Guaranteed Cabin Assignment

bjkTX

We have our first Carnival cruise booked for Oct 2009 after 5 Princess cruises. We have done a guarantee twice on Princess and found they might assign a cabin right away, or wait until you're walking onboard.

Is that pretty much the same for Carnival?

We aren't sailing until May 2010 and two weeks ago got notice in the mail that we now have an assigned cabin. Surprised us since we were under the impression it wasn't until closer to sailing that they assign a cabin when you book a guarantee, but I also checked online and the cabin is listed there too. I am not considering it set in stone, though, and we'll see what happens, but I am pleased with the assignment so hopefully it will stick.

We booked a Balcony Guarantee and got a Category 8A (I think - this is our first time cruising on the Carnival line), Cabin 4225. I am pleased since I know it's a crapshoot when you book a guarantee, but the guarantee price was very good and the port is 20 minutes from home so we gave it a chance. However, it's so far in advance of our cruise (May 2010) that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed, but we're happy to be flexible since we're very excited that this is the first cruise that we don't have to fly to get to the port!

On our last cruise (Destiny), we booked a balcony gty and were assigned 65 days out and were upgraded to a 8D.

On this next cruise, we booked a cat 6B hoping for an upgrade. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a rate drop and called. We got below the 6B published fare and were assigned a room (6D).

My impressions are that if you book before the final payment then you should find out your assignment very soon after.

Anyone know how far ahead anyone has gotten their cabin assignments. Not the ones a year out that came right away, Im talking when the ships are assigning cabins now. There used to be threads for anyone with a December cruise, did you get your assignment yet?? January assignments. Im waiting for a January assignment and keep looking.

Thanks for all the input :-)

2NT - that's what we have, an 8A guarantee which is what our group took, and I was a bit concerned since they all seem to be over areas that could be noisy so we're hoping for the best :-)

We have a gty 8a for our jan 3rd cruise 58 days away and have not recieved our room assignment yet I was thinking the longer it goes maybe a chance for a better upgrade

thanks, mine isnt until Jan 24th, so its still a bit early, we havent hit final payment time I dont think, even though I paid early. Sure seems to be a lot of empty cabins on my cruise, so Im not getting my hopes up for a upgrade.

Anyone know how far ahead anyone has gotten their cabin assignments. Not the ones a year out that came right away, Im talking when the ships are assigning cabins now. There used to be threads for anyone with a December cruise, did you get your assignment yet?? January assignments. Im waiting for a January assignment and keep looking.

Firefly,

I'm going on Imagination Dec 15, and I still haven't received my GTY cabin assignment yet. However, I booked a 1A GTY, and that may have an impact. The price keeps dropping, I need to call today to get $45 in OBC, which I'm thrilled about. Hope I get it. :cool:

I'm not sure if that will help you or not, since a 4 day cruise in December may be different, but at least you know I'm under 40 days and still no assignment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

BTW, I booked a specific cabin for January so can't help you there. Good Luck!

We have our first Carnival cruise booked for Oct 2009 after 5 Princess cruises. We have done a guarantee twice on Princess and found they might assign a cabin right away, or wait until you're walking onboard.

Is that pretty much the same for Carnival?

YES, the cabin assignment can happen anytime after you book.

Dan

I received our cabin a few days ago and we are not sailing until Feb. 09. We booked an 8A GTY and ended up with an 8I mid-ship!

Archived