Dawn vs Sun

cruisekids009

hi

has anyone been on both the sun and the dawn. I am looking at cruising next august on the dawn and was curious about the cabins. i've been on the sun and know that the cabins appear to be approx the same size only does the layout in the twin cabins on the dawn maximise space better?

when i was on the sun there was 2 adults & a cot in the twin cabin, this time we have 2 adults, 1 child and a cot...... guess who is sleeping on the top bunk (hubby).

can anyone who has been on both boats help me out?

Also is the childcare facilities onthe dawn better than those on sun????

:confused:

i meant pacific sun/dawn.. sorry

thanks for the cabin info, it was really bithering me as when we were on the sun with the cot there was almost no room to move in the cabin. i had thought that the dawns layout looked much better, but you can never be sure.

should be getting my qoute on the cruise in the next couple of days... hope its affordable.. travelling with kids from Aus is way too expensive and the kids cost almost nothing on a cruise....

should be getting my qoute on the cruise in the next couple of days... hope its affordable.. travelling with kids from Aus is way too expensive and the kids cost almost nothing on a cruise....

You're not wrong about the expense of travelling with kids! :eek: Wish I had thought of a cruise holiday when ours were small enough to share a cabin. :p

There are some great specials around atm, btw - seems to be too many ships in our part of the world this summer. Check out some of the online travel agencies. (We're not allowed to name them on here.) Just google the name of the ship, you'll find plenty.

Cheers. :)

tried that but, ive been on 2 cruises b4 and was trying to advoid going to too many places that i have already been to. then to make matters worse the one i want leaves in both feb & aug but my boss has already locked me into working in feb, so i have to wait till the aug one ( sigh ) i will go crazy waiting that long!

tried that but, ive been on 2 cruises b4 and was trying to advoid going to too many places that i have already been to. then to make matters worse the one i want leaves in both feb & aug but my boss has already locked me into working in feb, so i have to wait till the aug one ( sigh ) i will go crazy waiting that long!

... on the other hand, think how great it will be to go somewhere warm in august!! :)

We had the opposite - just changed cruises from April to January. woo hoo!, suddenly we're almost there!

THe Pacific Dawn is much nicer than the Pacific Sun and the cabins on the Pacific Dawn are lovely, but not all cabins are the same.

It was suggested to try and book an original quad which are available off the Regal Princess plan.

We stayed in an original cabin we were only twin and friends (croydon Cruiser) stayed in a refubished quad cabin which was a lot smalled than ours.

I love the Pacific Sun as it has such a laid back feel about it and the Pacific Dawn tends to be a little more formal. Both are wonderful but different.

----------

Neil, did you change from the 2nd April cruise on Rhapsody??

could the original quads be what p&o refers to as the mini suites?

No they are not. If can google Regal Princess deck plans to see the deck plans as it was, all the cabins with the red dot can be converted into a quad cabin. If you have a P&O book and compare you will see many more cabins that can be made into quads. These cabins are the same size but feel a much smaller as the beds when not in use are folded up into a cavity on the wall . In the originals they go into the roof.

Hope this helps.

thats a bit of a rip off for them to be charging the same amount for 2 rooms that are competly diff sizes why isn't it mentioned anywhere on their website or brochure? I would love to see the pics if you could find them.

i dont plan od spending too much time inside anyway, but my LO might still be having day naps on sea days.

thats a bit of a rip off for them to be charging the same amount for 2 rooms that are competly diff sizes why isn't it mentioned anywhere on their website or brochure? I would love to see the pics if you could find them.

i dont plan od spending too much time inside anyway, but my LO might still be having day naps on sea days.

Good thing about being on cruise critic - you learn those little diffierences that the cruise lines will not tell you - and not a lot of T/A's are aware of either.

Neil, did you change from the 2nd April cruise on Rhapsody??

Hi Glenda,

Yeah, started to get anxious over the exchange rate - visions of sitting in a corner nursing one beer all night! :eek: Picked up a last-minute deal on Dawn Princess instead doing much the same itinerary. Being January, our son can join us - Uni holidays. So we've also spread out - four in two cabins instead of three in the one. :) (More foo foo drinks AND our own cabin!! ;))

Archived