Guess who's going on Cunard - QM2?????

crusinmama06

Airfare is included. No need to drive. :D

Let me know how you like Curacao when you get back in March.

Curacao is GORGEOUS.

100_0233.jpg

This is the first time I ever had to experience paying to use the restroom :eek: I just couldn't understand why! This was the main strip in Williamsted (spelling?) My brother and I loved getting off the ship (Adventure of the Seas) and waiting for the SWINGING bridge to take you from the dock to the actual island. But it is so colorful and so beautiful you will just love it! My family went during prime fishing season, so it smelled a little fishy, but in December you shouldn't have that problem! Ahh I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Congrats Michele! You are taking my dream cruise, too!:D

We visited Turks and Caicos 2 years ago - there is a nice beach right off the pier (if you are docking at the Carnival Pier). There are a few shops right there too. Margaritaville is right behind the beach with a really neat pool. The girls might enjoy walking on the beach - off to one side there were piles of Conch shells. They are a bit too smelly to take back to the ship but really cool to look at.

A friend of ours took one of the shells back to the ship. The room steward had to bring a bucket of bleach water to the room to soak the shell in!

We visited Turks and Caicos 2 years ago - there is a nice beach right off the pier (if you are docking at the Carnival Pier). There are a few shops right there too. Margaritaville is right behind the beach with a really neat pool. The girls might enjoy walking on the beach - off to one side there were piles of Conch shells. They are a bit too smelly to take back to the ship but really cool to look at.

A friend of ours took one of the shells back to the ship. The room steward had to bring a bucket of bleach water to the room to soak the shell in!

Thanks for the tip! I have been talking about Turks & Caicos as my "dream port" for about 2 years now...lol. I can't believe I finally get to go there. :D

Oh my gosh..you are so lucky!!!!~~~ You deserve it since you have provided so many family cruisers with invaluable information. Your posts and blogs are so great for anyone cruising for the 1st time or 10th time with children. You have been so helpful to alot of us. It really sounds like you won the jackpot, radio city tickets, Christmas time in NY, concierge club....wow!! I am sure your girls will have a great time and luckily they are old enough to handle a more "formal" cruise. Now the fun begins....the anticipation of waiting a whole year to enjoy it!! I cant wait to hear about the QM2 from your perspective. I always see those contests but never enter, now I will make sure I do.

Congratulations and have a great time.

Julie

• 3 weeks later...
ME and the family are going on Cunard's QM2. That ship will never be the same...lol. :p

I WON a 15 day Christmas/New Year's Sailing going everywhere in the Caribbean that I have never been. :D:D:D

OK so all of you Cunard experts. (where's Rebecca, she's my go to person for Cunard?) Now you need to tell me about Cunard.

I know it's super formal.

I am searching for pictures of the kids pool that I have read about. Anyone have any to share? Or is someone better at googling than me...lol.

OMG, how did I miss this Michele? This is so awesome! My DD pointed it out to me on your signature line! It could have not happened to a better family:D

Congratulations Michelle! This is Karma if I've ever seen it! (and I so want the name of a cruise board that gives away 15 day cruises with airfare included!!!)

Just amazing!:)

Actually, I wasn't the only winner from CC. And they have 3 more contests going on with at least 8 more cruises to give away this month. :eek: I don't know how they do it. But I am glad they do. :D

I can't give the name of the other board. I am sure I would be going against a TOS somewhere. :) I am sure if you google my screen name...you can find me everywhere. :p

Actually, I wasn't the only winner from CC. And they have 3 more contests going on with at least 8 more cruises to give away this month. :eek: I don't know how they do it. But I am glad they do. :D

I can't give the name of the other board. I am sure I would be going against a TOS somewhere. :) I am sure if you google my screen name...you can find me everywhere. :p

Hey Michele!

I have a question that I'm sure that you could probably answer.

Is there a new "Genesis of the Seas" as well, or was that going to be Oasis' original name?

PS. You just have the prettiest smile!

Hey Michele!

I have a question that I'm sure that you could probably answer.

Is there a new "Genesis of the Seas" as well, or was that going to be Oasis' original name?

PS. You just have the prettiest smile!

Yep, Genesis was the original name of Oasis before the USA Today "Name That Ship" contest.

So Oasis was the first ship in the "Genesis Class"

Allure of the Seas will be the 2nd ship after Oasis.

(Personally, I liked the name Genesis better. ;) )

• 1 month later...
I can't. :p I won it from another cruise board.

Yes I have been cheating on you all. :eek:

But I can tell you that I couldn't breathe for about 6 hours today cause I was shaking.

I can tell you the itinerary....it begins in New York and goes to Turks & Caicos, Tortola, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Thomas.

This is the trip of a lifetime - seriously. I just didn't I would ever see most of these ports and to see them all at once, well its mind blowing. :D

We just returned from Carnival Victory with some common port stops (Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Kitts, and St. Thomas). My girls are older (14 and 10), but I can tell you what we did in those ports. Barbados: Kids loved The Boatyard beach for lively atmosphere, water trampoline, and floating iceberg. St. Lucia: We did Cosol tour. The tour was a full day, with a long period of time in the van travelling on winding, hilly roads. The van stopped many times, so whether your kids would like this tour depends on how much stamina they have for a full day tour and whether they would mind the van ride. Dominica: We did the Antours river tubing trip. This was our favorite island and excursion. We had lots of kids on the tour, as young as 7, and the guides were really concerned and careful about safety issues. St. Kitts: We spent half the day at Frigate Bay (beach) and half the day shopping. Frigate Bay has a water trampoline and water tubing for kids. St. Thomas: You already know what to do here. I hope this information is helpful.

• 5 months later...
ME and the family are going on Cunard's QM2. That ship will never be the same...lol. :p

I WON a 15 day Christmas/New Year's Sailing going everywhere in the Caribbean that I have never been. :D:D:D

OK so all of you Cunard experts. (where's Rebecca, she's my go to person for Cunard?) Now you need to tell me about Cunard.

I know it's super formal.

I am searching for pictures of the kids pool that I have read about. Anyone have any to share? Or is someone better at googling than me...lol.

Hi, Michele. Loved your Triumph review as I will be sailing her on a 5 night Canada at the end of August. (Great tip about the blanket--probably even for that time of year)

Anyway, I was off the boards for a little while so I am not sure if this was discussed and famously "banned with no further info" from cc. This site was a sham, right? And the prize giver was a scammer that never followed through on her (?) promises? I am sick over hearing this.....what a psycho! I hope you didn't invest any funds into this. I know you were so excited about it and all of us on cc were excited for you.

:(

Hi, Michele. Loved your Triumph review as I will be sailing her on a 5 night Canada at the end of August. (Great tip about the blanket--probably even for that time of year)

Anyway, I was off the boards for a little while so I am not sure if this was discussed and famously "banned with no further info" from cc. This site was a sham, right? And the prize giver was a scammer that never followed through on her (?) promises? I am sick over hearing this.....what a psycho! I hope you didn't invest any funds into this. I know you were so excited about it and all of us on cc were excited for you.

:(

Yep, total scam. If I hadn't witnessed it first hand I would have never believed it. The board owner "impersonated" 150 other board members. But everyone who won a prize was not one of her 150 alter egoes. :rolleyes:

It took a while to figure the scam out, but once we did, we did everything we could to stop her. Did you know it's not illegal to give out hundreds of thousands of dollars in imaginary prizes? Or so we found out. :eek:

Nope, she got nothing from me. Some other board members weren't as lucky, they had non refundable hotel and airfare with companies like hotwire - so no refunds for them.

And the charities lost out because she "gave them" expensive things like cabins on "Inaugural Oasis" to auction off. So those cabins do not exist. :(

I hope she pays for this, one day. ;)

.....Some other board members weren't as lucky, they had non refundable hotel and airfare with companies like hotwire - so no refunds for them.

And the charities lost out because she "gave them" expensive things like cabins on "Inaugural Oasis" to auction off. So those cabins do not exist. :(

I hope she pays for this, one day. ;)

Really shameful. So sorry for you and especially for those that lost $$ from this scam. But even for those of you that didn't lose actual $$. Surely, you lost some trust and faith in people. Ugh. What a disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am very sorry that this happened to you. Very unfortunate, but I am a firm believer that people like that get what they deserve/having coming to them, in the end. ;) The most heartbreaking part must have been breaking the news to your children. :(

Archived