Thanks for all your help

adelaide4

Hi everyone,

We're heading off for our first cruise next week (apart from me on the Fair sky as a ten pound pom, 1971) and I just wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information you've provided.

I've been reading CC daily for months now but have never posted as anything I've wanted to know always gets answered, we've even booked into Airolodge Int after reading about it on here for the nights either side of our cruise :)

As our 'original' user name suggests there are 4 of us, myself, Husband, 14 year old Son and 11 year old Daughter and we're from Adelaide.

If anyone wants to ask us anything when we return I'll still be checking in so will be happy to answer any questions. Who knows, I just might be a 'cruise addict' by then too. :D

Thanks Amanda

Hi Amanda

Welcome to CC! It's great to hear you are off on your first real cruise. I'm sure the whole family will have a wonderful trip. I hope you will post a review and photos after your return (I love reading about other cruises experiences). Have a great trip.

Have a wonderful cruise Amanda and family!

I just read your other post to Leslie and I thought I recognised your name, I was on the Phuket forum alot last year when we went to Thailand, same user name as here:) I am now visiting the Vietnam one, Lee (Sunsets4us) and SandyL are over there too!! Seems us Phuketers go from CC to tripadvisor:p Raringtogo on here is also Maz1 from TA too!!!

I had a great weekend earlier this year with Cathy and Gary and Tiff and Rod and Jubby on the Gold Coast:D

Chez

xx

Amanda, you are going to have a fantastic time! I am also a recent first time cruiser (W829 on the Pacific Dawn from 12 to 23 Oct) and I am totally obsessed! I am in complete denial about having to be back in the real world, I still think about every aspect of our awesome holiday and I look at our 900+ pics nearly every day. My new happy place (which I am frequenting ALOT) is on the back open deck on a sea day, bright blue skies all around, with a lone seagull flying overhead...

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! BTW, 2 of the loveliest ladies we met on the cruise and had dinner with 2 nights in a row were from Adelaide :-)

Cheers,

Niki

Hi Amanda....what a small world. We met in Phuket at the Horizon Karon in Phuket. (NettinPete - Annette, Pete, Mitch and Jake). So you are off on a cruise now...good on you. You will all love it, great for the kids too. (hi to hubby and the kids from us). We are off the week after you on the Dawn Princess from Sydney. We went on the Pacific Sun 3 years ago and loved it and always said we would go on another one.

I just received an email from Sandy last week and have spoken to her a few times since we got back from Phuket. We were on the Vietnam boards too but cancelled our trip as Petes not well so we booked a cruise instead.

Cheznandy...i thought your name looked familiar, i think i remember you from the Phuket boards too.

Such a small world!!

Annette :):)

First time I seen a Phuket poster in a TA window 25 years ago or so, I thought it was a joke, April fool's day sort of thing.

Ph as in Pharmacy...

Phuket!, I really need a holiday!

Still gives me the giggles; still so easy to amuse! :p

Hi Amanda....what a small world. We met in Phuket at the Horizon Karon in Phuket. (NettinPete - Annette, Pete, Mitch and Jake). So you are off on a cruise now...good on you. You will all love it, great for the kids too. (hi to hubby and the kids from us). We are off the week after you on the Dawn Princess from Sydney. We went on the Pacific Sun 3 years ago and loved it and always said we would go on another one.

I just received an email from Sandy last week and have spoken to her a few times since we got back from Phuket. We were on the Vietnam boards too but cancelled our trip as Petes not well so we booked a cruise instead.

Cheznandy...i thought your name looked familiar, i think i remember you from the Phuket boards too.

Such a small world!!

Annette, I remember your name from the boards, My mum's name is Annette:) Hope Pete's is ok....a cruise is so much more relaxing, we were worn out after Thailand, but had a ball:p will be the same after 3 weeks in Vietnam, I figure if I am going I want to see as much as I can, will need a cruise to relax when we get back, I love cruising but have to compromise with hubby:(

Chez

xx

Thanks everyone, really getting excited now.

I do remember you Chez from the Phuket forum, realise now why your picture was familiar ;)

Hi Annette, you've changed your username so I've read some of your posts and not realised it was you. We're all well here, Stephi is very excited and Tim would be happy to stay home with Grandma so no changes there :D Hope Pete is better now.

So the question now is are we all addicted to holidays or the forums. I personally think reading the forums before hand and the planning add to the excitement of the trip.

Amanda

If anyone wants to ask us anything when we return I'll still be checking in so will be happy to answer any questions. Who knows, I just might be a 'cruise addict' by then too. :D

Thanks Amanda

Hi Amanda,

We have come to expect detailed daily occurrences, an onboard blog, 1500 photos uploaded to Flickr or webshots and a couple of hours video on youtube.

Nah kidding, but please check in and tell us all about your cruise.

First time I seen a Phuket poster in a TA window 25 years ago or so, I thought it was a joke, April fool's day sort of thing.

Ph as in Pharmacy...

Phuket!, I really need a holiday!

Still gives me the giggles; still so easy to amuse! :p

gave me a giggle at this ungodly hour ..!!:D

Hi Amanda,

We have come to expect detailed daily occurrences, an onboard blog, 1500 photos uploaded to Flickr or webshots and a couple of hours video on youtube.

Nah kidding, but please check in and tell us all about your cruise.

Haha Geoff :D

Might be a bit technologically challenged for all that but i will check in.

Amanda

Thanks everyone, really getting excited now.

I do remember you Chez from the Phuket forum, realise now why your picture was familiar ;)

Hi Annette, you've changed your username so I've read some of your posts and not realised it was you. We're all well here, Stephi is very excited and Tim would be happy to stay home with Grandma so no changes there :D Hope Pete is better now.

So the question now is are we all addicted to holidays or the forums. I personally think reading the forums before hand and the planning add to the excitement of the trip.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Us we are addicted to travelling in general. Always have one hoiday booked and planning the next before we head off on the first. We cruise on the Dawn Princess in...well now...under two weeks. Can't wait! And are booking today to go to New Zealand in April school holidays next year. Just Pete, Jake and I. Mitchell's an apprentice now so hard to get holidays with us. Doesn't help when his girlfriends parents have a beautiful holiday house on Hamilton Island which he spends most of his holidays at.

Anyway I hope you all have a fantastic time and ENJOY!!!:):)

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Archived