It's Vacation Time Again

bdaguy

It's vacation time again and I'm looking for suggestions! I have a few suggestions of my own to help you. Do you have a couch that nobody usually sleeps on? If the answer is yes then I can sleep on your couch at absolutely no cost to you! I have to keep this vacation destination random because last time I went on holiday it ended up as work. I know I haven't been around much lately but it's because the new IT guy blocks this site and I'm still waiting on the magistrate to warrant that posting here qualifies as community service which means that my boss cannot in any way hinder me from completing my duties. If you all could recommend an east coast getaway and maybe possibly say I do a little tiny bit of good around here then I could get a good holiday and be allowed to frequent this site on company time!

bdaguy 08!

It's vacation time again and I'm looking for suggestions! I have a few suggestions of my own to help you. Do you have a couch that nobody usually sleeps on? If the answer is yes then I can sleep on your couch at absolutely no cost to you! I have to keep this vacation destination random because last time I went on holiday it ended up as work. I know I haven't been around much lately but it's because the new IT guy blocks this site and I'm still waiting on the magistrate to warrant that posting here qualifies as community service which means that my boss cannot in any way hinder me from completing my duties. If you all could recommend an east coast getaway and maybe possibly say I do a little tiny bit of good around here then I could get a good holiday and be allowed to frequent this site on company time!

bdaguy 08!

You are welcome here on the eastern shore of MD ( the land of pleasant living). It's not a long commute to either Baltimore or Washington for exploring. We do have Ocean City, MD and all the DE beaches nearby. Although it's not as beautiful as Bermuda where we hope to be next Oct. ( on the only 7 day cruise on Grandeur) We have to be satisfied with KW rather than St. Georges and Hamilton. I agree that you give much great local advice and help to all who ask. I'd even recommend you to be part of the Chamber of Commerce ( or maybe Tourism for BDA.)

Keep cheering us up!

Wondered where you've been since I have a question....more on that later.

No need to sleep on a couch in our home, we have a room specifically for guests.:) However, I don't know if I want to make an offer to someone who has stood me up.:p

What would you like to do or see if you would manage to get paroled? There are enough of us that you could couch hop up and down the whole eastern coast. Don't know what time of year you have in mind but with winter on the horizon many activities are limited. I COULD take you skiing....no not water skiing, SNOW skiing.:D

I think you're the internet equivelent of Johnny Barnes.;) You're a goodwill ambassador for Bermuda while providing a wealth of information.

Back to my question. Any idea what these are? Found them on The rocks at Horseshoe Bay.

5dee821a.jpg

bdaguy 08!

Any chance you'd want to visit the western area of the US?

Any idea what these are? Found them on The rocks at Horseshoe Bay.

5dee821a.jpg

I asked my sister, who is a biologist, about these and this is what she said (probably more than you want to know, lol) --

They are a type of mollusk called a Chiton. (Not to be confused with the chitin that makes up insect exoskeletons.) I don’t know what species but I might be able to look it up. They are in the Polyplacophora (means “many plates” as they all have 8 individual overlapping sections; pronounced polly- plack-OFF-or-ah). They are related to snails (Gastropoda), octopus and squid (Cephalopod) and bivalves (Scallops, clams etc. Bivalvia).

I asked my sister, who is a biologist, about these and this is what she said (probably more than you want to know, lol) --

They are a type of mollusk called a Chiton. (Not to be confused with the chitin that makes up insect exoskeletons.)

Or to be confused with chitlins.:D

Thanks Sugar.:)

……. If you all could recommend an east coast getaway………..

I would suggest OBX, NC in late May, or coastal Maine, Bar Harbor/ACNP region, in late June or Cape Cod, Mass in mid September or Newport, RI in mid October . I’ll be vacationing at those areas at the times mentioned.:p

I always enjoy reading your informative posts filled with your sparkling wit.:D

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

What the biologists call a "chiton" us Bermudians call a "suckrock" because that's what they do. Suck onto the rocks. If you peel them off the rocks they are bright orange underneath and are delicious if you haven't eaten anything in the past month or so. Night Train goes well with this dish if you like wine with dinner.

What the biologists call a "chiton" us Bermudians call a "suckrock" because that's what they do. Suck onto the rocks. If you peel them off the rocks they are bright orange underneath and are delicious if you haven't eaten anything in the past month or so. Night Train goes well with this dish if you like wine with dinner.

So you're a gourmand.:p

If you haven't had anything to eat for a month or so, I don't know how you would have the strength to peel them off. I tried and they were FIRMLY attached.

Wondered where you've been. Any vacation plans firmed up?

hey bdaguy !! we miss you around here;)

you have gotten some great suggestions so far...the east coast has so many different kinds of things !!

maybe we could help more if we knew what kind of things you would like --we have everything along the coast....

(sorry...no empty couch here....:()

nevermind. I just found out "weezy anna" is louisianan for "louisiana". Apparently that's how they talk down there.

Now i'm considering a tour of the wine country, the night train vineyards especially!

lol...:d

Archived