Our FIRST cruise... Review time....

Hockey Addict

Hockey addict, now you are among an elite group of people. Cruiseaholics.

Hi my name is Namvet and I'm a cruiseaholic.

Now that you know you like it, come join us November 8, 2009 on the Valor out of Miami for a SALUTE TO VETERANS cruise. :D

I loved my towel family. I'm like a big kid... I'm bummed that I didn't get a family photo of them! :D

The sushi was fun. I'm so glad Greg got the pics of it!

I can't wait 'til October. I'm going bonkers already!

sigh, I wanted a family picture too,,,,,and DH kept touching them, and EVERY time he touched them, they would fall apart,,,,I could move them, but he would destroy them,,,

My youngest DD wanted us to bring one home,,,,of course we couldn't so we bought her the book,,,,,,,,and now she makes them at home :) Holly

Here's the link to all the pics.... I almost fogot... I'm still tagging some and flipping some around... they are all in order except the first few...

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr125/HockeyAddict13/Our%20First%20Cruise/

The wind tunnel as we call it is on the Sun deck. Walk to the bow of the ship on either side past the putt putt and there is a walkway to go out front. The wind is VERY strong at times. Especially as you first walk out. One night Steve was leaning forward with his arms out and the wind kept him from falling forward. Then when you go to leave there the wind PUSHES you out! It's pretty cool.

I love your pics!!!!!!!!

Here comes more people!! FlipFlop and her DH (they are both hockey fans too and he wore his hockey baseball cap for sailaway) Moni... hey hey the gang's all coming now! We chit chatted, ordered more DOD's... this is when we met G-Men. Steve's new buddy. G-Men is awesome. 90% of our drinks were brought by G-Men. He's hilarious! So cool... he has 5 more month for this tour and then he will be going to another ship. He didn't know which one yet.

DSC_0036.jpg

Great Review!!! :)

Great Shots!!!

Love the Drinks!!! :p

Yum!!!!

The best part about that pic is those were OUR drinks!! :D

NamVet.... I wish I could.... I will write that one down and keep it in mind if we can do 2 cruises next year!

All I do is think about the cruise ALL the time. When I'm not thinking about it, I am thinking about next years cruise! I think I am a Hockey Addict and a Cruise Addict... I told Steve last night that I like Cruising more then Hockey now!!! Trust me.... I didn't think I would like ANYTHING more then Hockey!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it! I'm glad you like the pics... I love taking them!

The only DOD I get is the Funship Special on that first afternoon (just after I've stuffed myself with my first lunch on board).

I'm going to track down G-Men and tell him about the glowing review and the great pics you posted.

I haven't checked, but did you scan and upload the capers along with the pics?

I pretty much know the routine by now, but love to glance through them anyway.

Steph..... you have a childlike enthusiasm that is wonderful!!!!

Your excellent review reminded us of our first cruise (Valor).

Your pics are excellent..... thanks for keeping me entertained for the last 2 hours !!!

Your review is the best I have seen since Falkcor posted his excellent review of the Destiny recently!!

Steph.... never lose your attitude.... it's great!!!! :)

Steph, just a great review and wonderful pictures!!! I will also try to find G-Man and tell him he is a star!!!, and the waiters too!!! We have a special friend Kurni, that we met on the Fantasy several years ago and we still stay in touch with him.

There is nothing like the staff on a Fantasy class ship. For us they consistently do a better job than any other class of Carnival ship I've been on and actually any other cruise line:)

I think you have many years of cruising ahead of you:D Go for it:D

Steph, geeze I feel like I know ya after reading all 9 pages here. We're somewhat neighbors but we're in Brunswick :)

Great review, I felt like I was there right with ya, what great memories you have and your pictures are awesome!

We were on the Fascination years ago, 2001. I think we just might give her another try next year. Thanks so much for your review.

Thanks guys!! We miss our buddies more and more each day! G-Men's real name is Igede! He tells ya to call him G-Men... and he does roll his R's.. Drrrrrinks... there's a couple of them that do that. He's from Indonesia.

Charnel and Samson are from India! Maaaan... can I go with you guys?? I WANNA GO TOOOOOO!!! :D

• 10 months later...

I had to re-vive this thread....I LOVED your review and your pics were great too! I have an opportunity to go on this ship next March (2010) and I've been a little nervous about going to this type of class of ship. All of our other Carnival cruises were on the Conquest ships, and we were even looking to book the Dream as soon as we can get a chance. But there is a group cruise that I am really interested in going on, on the Fascination. I don't think we would have even have looked at sailing her if it wasn't for this group cruise. But it sounds like it will be a great cruise, and the service sounds great too! :D

Thanks so much again for taking the time to write a great review!!

Archived