Are 1st timers allowed at the Past Guest Party?

Avril

I want information and answers, not flaming and rudness!! :mad:

Guess you came to the wrong place with those expectations.

I skip lots of past guest parties so she can have some of the cocktails and vienna sausage that are due to me.

Explain the situation to the Purser, the CD or even your cabin steward, and if they say it is ok, then she is invited - end of story. Hint - it won't be a problem. ;)

You sure as heck don't need the insults and caustic remarks posted by some of the back seat cruisers.

Y'all enjoy the cruise AND the past guest party.

I understood what sandgnat meant, she was using an analogy not calling someone a thief.

Thank you for understanding what I was meaning. I really was not calling any one a thief. The poster said they did not take a non-invited guest to the party, that they just followed them in:rolleyes:. They were trying to justify their behavior. The OP asked a question and then was upset when some did not answer the way they wanted them to. If they only wanted to have justification for what they are planning to do, then ask for that. Will she be able to get her Aunt in, probably. Should she? The OP does not want to hear the answer.

I will be on the Miracle the 21st of Nov. If any first time cruiser wants my invitation, you may have it.

I've been on over 100 cruises....and the last thing I want to do anymore is go to a past cruiser party...or captains reception.

They usually take place at the most inconvienent times...you have to leave the pool early...get dressed early...all for a free drink.

Sandy

:mad:I cannot believe the responses on this board! Are you all so PERFECT ? Its a simple little party. The drinks and finger food are not really that good!They offer the cheapest drinks that they have.If I couldn't bring a guest with me that PAID to cruise than they can have their little party!

:mad:I cannot believe the responses on this board! Are you all so PERFECT ? Its a simple little party. The drinks and finger food are not really that good!They offer the cheapest drinks that they have.If I couldn't bring a guest with me that PAID to cruise than they can have their little party!

EVERYONE is allowed at the Captain's Party. Past Guest Parties are for PAST GUESTS. What is so hard for so many to understand that? :rolleyes:

Wow I cannot believe the rudeness of some. She asked a simple question. I'm guessing no simple answers.

My sister and I cruised in June and were both past quests. Our invites did say "and a guest." We both took our daughters. Neither of whom was a past quest. I was not leaving a minor alone in my cabin. Neither was my sister.

Not sure you will come back and read these posts but I would suggest that once you get your invitations you just call and ask the purser if its okay. If they say it is alright then by all means go. If they say it won't be okay then it might be best not to take your aunt. On my honeymoon I asked if my DW could join me at the past guest party and was told by all means bring your wife.

Wow I cannot believe the rudeness of some. She asked a simple question. I'm guessing no simple answers.

My sister and I cruised in June and were both past quests. Our invites did say "and a guest." We both took our daughters. Neither of whom was a past quest. I was not leaving a minor alone in my cabin. Neither was my sister.

Not being rude at all.

The Past Guest party is a privilege that is perk given to those that have cruised with Carnival before.

With all the corners being cut & Uncle New Guy in charge, I expect the Past Guest party will soon disappear because so many people abused it. :(

Since I have only cruised 4 times, I am a past guest and it is the only perk I get when invited to this party. I do not think anyone but past guests should attend. Why bother to call it a Past Guest Party if some of the guests think they can push their way into a party they were not invited to?

Well, that's the way it should have been. Both your invitations said 'and guest' so taking your daughters was perfectly acceptable.:)

Obviously, not all invitations say 'and guest'.

So many times I've tried to do the 'right' thing and got burned - either scolded by others or just missed-out on an opportunity. So while I go through life trying to be considerate of others, even when I do I seem to suffer myself or still upset someone. Doesn't mean I should abandon doing the right thing - just means I should think twice sometimes.

I made a snotty remark earlier in the thread. In hindsight, if Carnival staff on board give you the go ahead and it's important to you, just do it and enjoy yourself.

It takes character to admit they may have erred. :)

If anyone thinks a Past Guest Party may eventually go away because it's getting abused... sorry, but I think you have a gross misunderstanding of marketing and business in general in large organizations and you are underestimating the executive management at Carnival. And while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, I would just suggest you open your hearts a little to others and see that having a first-timer join their past cruiser guest in the party goes a long way to building a relationship between that new customer and Carnival.

This is exactly what the PAST GUEST party is all about. The introduction of various members of the crew, the movie with the cheering of those that have cruised on the particular ships, etc. ad infinitum. A lot of hoopla. But SERIOUS MARKETING. :D

Please don't misunderstand. I think the drinks are superb, especially the whiskey sours (made just like back in the old days :rolleyes:), the "free food" on a ship filled with FREE FOOD ? ? ? :confused: I probably attend half the time depending on whether or not I have something else to do.

I can see why some cruisers feel incensed that non-past-guest cruisers might attend (a little petty I feel, but that's just me). But, I can guarantee you Carnival doesn't see it that way. This is their chance to build "family" and make everybody a cheerleader for Carnival. They would hope EVERYBODY thinks of themselves as a past guest, EVEN IF THEY AREN'T ONE YET. :D

(why hasn't anyone brought up the drawing for a FREE cruise ?)

Not being rude at all.

The Past Guest party is a privilege that is perk given to those that have cruised with Carnival before.

With all the corners being cut & Uncle New Guy in charge, I expect the Past Guest party will soon disappear because so many people abused it. :(

For the reasons I mentioned in an earlier post, I think that is an incorrect assumption. The people attending these that folks are so upset about are hardly affecting CCL's bottomline in a material way and the goodwill generated by allowing them makes good business sense. I must admit though, the amount of people that seem upset about it could outway that goodwill! But something tells me you won't stop cruising or going to these parties because of it.

I was not meaning you "stole" something, but that you were not taking ownership of your behavior. When you said that you did not sneak him in he followed you in, you did not take ownership of your behavior. I am sorry if you took that as me calling you a thief, I am really sorry. It is just amazing to me that people will come up with many ways to justify their behavior.

Oh puhleeze! I said that as a joke, and you know it. Did you not see the cute little smiley at the end? I wasn't trying to justify anything. I have done nothing wrong. I do not owe you a justification for my behavior in any form or fashion. Lighten up, woman! You did accuse me of stealing, and now you crawfish away from your accusation.

You also totally ignored the rest of the story, that the extra person was my DD's husband. Furthermore, I am not the one who chose to "sneak" him in, rather than tell them he was her DH. I simply told the OP that's what our group did. I really don't care who goes to the past guest party. It's a PARTY. Like I said, lighten up. And never fear that anyone who goes with me, past guest or not, will STEAL any of your liquor. Since I don't drink it, they are only drinking my share. :rolleyes:

Sand gnats can be soooooo annoying!!! What a great job you did in choosing a board name! High fives to you for that. :D

Oh puhleeze! I said that as a joke, and you know it. Did you not see the cute little smiley at the end? I wasn't trying to justify anything. I have done nothing wrong. I do not owe you a justification for my behavior in any form or fashion. Lighten up, woman! You did accuse me of stealing, and now you crawfish away from your accusation.

You also totally ignored the rest of the story, that the extra person was my DD's husband. Furthermore, I am not the one who chose to "sneak" him in, rather than tell them he was her DH. I simply told the OP that's what our group did. I really don't care who goes to the past guest party. It's a PARTY. Like I said, lighten up. And never fear that anyone who goes with me, past guest or not, will STEAL any of your liquor. Since I don't drink it, they are only drinking my share. :rolleyes:

Sand gnats can be soooooo annoying!!! What a great job you did in choosing a board name! High fives to you for that. :D

What are you trying to prove, that you can be the rudest poster. You are the one calling names. I never called any one a thief. You were justifying your and your groups behavior by sneaking some one in. Is this any different then opening the back door to a theatre and sneaking in a person? Go back and read the posts. I have not been rude other than to point out ettiquette which is rude in itself, the only ones that should teach ettiquette is one's parents and teachers. Some did not get the lesson that you do not bring uninvited guests to a party they were not invited. I hope you will understand I never called you a thief, I did use a analogy though. You name called and that is uncalled for.

I find it funny (and kind of pathetic) that someone would actually post 30 times in the same thread. The only place I thought that happened was in roll call threads.

I also can't believe that someone would actually let something as trivial as a non-past guest attending the past guest party bother them. I can just see these people sitting at the PG party just seething when a non-past guest walks through the door.

Pesonally, I'm too busy having a good time at the party to even notice.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

DJD

Amazing how many back seat cruisers there are trying to hold on to every last vestige of elitism possible.

It is Carnival's party, not yours.

Even when I attended a Blogger's event some people who had never even read the blog were allowed to attend. Shocking isn't it. Also none of my business. I was not the host, and neither are the back seat cruisers.

Hopefully Carnival will start having Platinum parties & us Past Guests won't need to attend the overcrowded Past Guest/Brand New Cruiser, probably one time cruiser party.

We've paid our dues, along with several thousands of $$$$.

Hopefully Carnival will start having Platinum parties & us Past Guests won't need to attend the overcrowded Past Guest/Brand New Cruiser, probably one time cruiser party.

Great idea! Cavier and all!

That is a great idea! One question though.

I'm a Platinum Cruiser but my wife has only been on 8 Carnival cruises. Do you think I could bring her?:p

DJD

Archived