Triumph- 9A AFT WRAP OR CAT 11 ? Which would you do ?

mr jailerman

I think Carnival is going to hate me before this next cruise sails.:D I Had booked an "L" Shaped cabin first for my New York City to Canada cruise next summer (4 Nights) on the Triumph. I then up-graded it to an 8G AFT #8430.. Then a few days Back I once again thought about it and then up-graded AGAIN to a 9A #8428 ! This looks to be an AWESOME view from both back and side of ship but the cabin looks a bit small . I had a Midship Cat 12 on The Inspiration this last February and LOVED it ! I have never been AFT before ? If I wanted to upgrade to a Cat 11 it would be another $400.00 more then the 9A. What would you do ? As much as I love the thought of the Big Balcony, I would also like the extra cabin space as well as Priority Boarding out of New York . I am already spending more then I planned on for this trip so I wonder if I sit on this 9A if I would get a free up-grade call from Carnival to a Cat 11 ? I know how popular these cabins are. Any thought's other then I need to see a theropist for O.C.D ? :eek: :D Thanks to all.. Everything I have learned from cruising , I have learned from you great people. Have a great Day..:)

I think Carnival is going to hate me before this next cruise sails.:D I Had booked an "L" Shaped cabin first for my New York City to Canada cruise next summer (4 Nights) on the Triumph. I then up-graded it to an 8G AFT #8430.. Then a few days Back I once again thought about it and then up-graded AGAIN to a 9A #8428 ! This looks to be an AWESOME view from both back and side of ship but the cabin looks a bit small . I had a Midship Cat 12 on The Inspiration this last February and LOVED it ! I have never been AFT before ? If I wanted to upgrade to a Cat 11 it would be another $400.00 more then the 9A. What would you do ? As much as I love the thought of the Big Balcony, I would also like the extra cabin space as well as Priority Boarding out of New York . I am already spending more then I planned on for this trip so I wonder if I sit on this 9A if I would get a free up-grade call from Carnival to a Cat 11 ? I know how popular these cabins are. Any thought's other then I need to see a theropist for O.C.D ? :eek: :D Thanks to all.. Everything I have learned from cruising , I have learned from you great people. Have a great Day..:)

Easy answer for DH and I - we're booked on the Triumph in Dec in a 9A wrap. The price dropped, and they initially offered us a free upgrade to a Cat 11 instead. We said NO WAY! We want to try an aft wrap! We've had a Cat 11 before, and while it was nice, I don't think I'd do it again. We'd rather save the money. Who knows, I may hate our aft wrap, but I doubt it. :D

But, with that being said, if you want the priority boarding and a bigger cabin, then go with the Cat 11. Depends on how much you use your balcony too...Geez, after all that, I don't think I was any help at all...:o But I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever room you decide on...

Keep the 9A wrap..You will love the balcony...I myself like Cat11 because they have a jetted tub...But I would gladly give that up for the balcony..:)

If it's just the two of you, I'd stick with the 9A wrap. That balcony and view will be unbelievable and you'll love it.

It will be myself and my son (He's 9) in the AFT Wrap. My GF is traveling from Europe and will have her own cabin as well. Their will be ALOT of walking from that AFT all the way Forward to Camp Carnival on Deck 11. So much to consider...;):D

I DO think that I am lucky to have gotten my hands on one of those AFT Wrap arounds and I am leaning toward keeping it. You do get a bit spoiled in those Suites though.;) I was in a Junior Suite on Enchantment of the Seas this past August and that to was very nice. I have never had an AFT cabin and can't think of a nicer first time cabin then one of those Wrap arounds. Look's like I will need to work a bit more overtime..:)

If your son is 9, he may not spend much time all the way forward in Camp Carnival. On our cruise on Victory, the 9-11 group spent a lot of time in one of the aft lounges on the Promenade deck during daytime activities.

Hi Kathy..I remembered that you stayed in this same cabin on the Victory right ? #8428 ?? Looks to be very nice..

Hi Kathy..I remembered that you stayed in this same cabin on the Victory right ? #8428 ?? Looks to be very nice..

I absolutely loved 8428. We liked the layout of the cabin - if it wasn't actually larger than a regular balcony cabin, it sure felt as if it were larger.

We're sailing on Glory in February and have a Category 11 suite booked, but I'm almost afraid I'm going to be in for a letdown.;)

I absolutely loved 8428. We liked the layout of the cabin - if it wasn't actually larger than a regular balcony cabin, it sure felt as if it were larger.

We're sailing on Glory in February and have a Category 11 suite booked, but I'm almost afraid I'm going to be in for a letdown.;)

I'm sure you will be fine..:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived