Costa Allegra Shore Excursions

ryndam

We are booked on Costa Allegra 14-night new itinerary to Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand leaving Singapore 7 March 2009. Does anyone have any idea when shore excursions might be posted on Costa's website? The only excursion posted is for Kuala Lampur, and that has been up for several months. Have not been able to obtain an answer from either our TA or directly from Costa for any of the other ports. Is this usual for Costa? Or is it related to the new itinerary? Advise would be appreciated.

Costa used to display their shore excursions for everone to see, but now they have restricted them to people who have actually booked a cruise. I will be in Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang) and Singapore with Csoat at the end of March 2009 and can see all the shore excursions available,

First you have to register with the Costa Web site where you can see and book excursion on line; have alook at this link:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/excursions/default.htm

Then you have to register here:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/ShortRegistrationForm.htm?registrationmode

Ron

Give Costa a call on Monday, your cruise is only three months away (BTW, have agreat cruise) they should have the excursions finished by now.

I really enjoyed the Allegra, it is an older ship, but small so you get to know everone that much quicker.

Ron

Ron,

They have certainly made all the shore excursions more difficult to find. You can still view them if you select a particular cruise..in the search box..as if you were going to book.

We sail on April 7th and none of our excursions are up yet. I have however been using the ones for the same itinerary in March to give me an idea. They have been up for some time!

Of course, sadly, you can't do this with the allegra if it is a new itinerary.

My October 2009 Classica cruise from Shanghai to Hong Kong via Japan & Taiwan has all of it's shorex up and available to book onsite. I have gone for some pretty good ones, including Shinkansen from Kobe to Kyoto, a day spent in Hakone & Mt Fuji whilst in Tokyo, along with others that are more or less historical tours around Naha, Keelung, Nagasaki & Shanghai.

Got the X1 sorted too...and it's almost all paid for already :)

Goldryder Get the camera out for the aerial ropeway and Pirate boat in Hakone.I do not know if the cherry blossom will be out , if it is ,watch the Japanese taking photos, it is an art form.Part of the Hakone trip may include the Canon( the manufacturer) temple very spectacular.

The Shikansen is fantastic just like a low flying aeroplane and as comfortable.

Archived