Purse caddy/hooks

mreader

Glad you like them:)I remember when I first read all about them

on here (over 3 or 4 years ago;)) and then I purchased some as

well...what a wonderful gadget:D

I wasn't sure if they would work, I am now carrying it around in my purse at home. These boards are so full of new ideas and information. I think it's time to plan our next cruise. A reason to get a different colored glass caddy:p

purse hooks for at least 30 years:), and I have now accumulated enough that I have one in every purse I own so I am NEVER w/o one. I have found that the very best one has a longer hook so that it fits on tables of any width (Francesca's carries them) as the hook itself is about 4" long. And as Lois R said, she ordered hers from Miles Kimball and if I remember correctly, they came in sets of 4 for whatever the price was - not much.

I should have guessed they were purse hooks.

I suspect they wouldn't be pickpocket safe in places like Rome or Barcelona but great for cruising.

The nice thing about them is (if you remember to take them to use them), that you can have your purse almost right in front of you. Its primary use is to keep your purse off the floor.

When I was in Europe I used a small cross-body purse instead of one I had to carry over my shoulder or with my hand. When we were seated for a meal, I just left it on.

Hi,:) I found mine at the following website:

http://mileskimball.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&w=purse%20caddy

I have 2...the one with roses on it and the one

with butterflies.

I love them:D

Lois,

I just attempted to order the same ones as you - except the shipping charge was $28 USD and that was the least expensive! Are they shipped from Hong Kong or :eek:??? So, I will continue to see if I can find them elsewhere.

Thx for all the great tips here gals!

Lolly Pop, I am surprised at the s/h charges at the Miles website.

I called my daughter the s/h at the Glass Boutique was $4.00.

http://www.theglassboutique.etsy.com/

The decoration is made of fused glass, a piece of art work. The artist can use any color glass you are looking for so the price is a bit higher than some.

Good luck finding the right one for you.

I received my purse hanger(s) a while ago. I ordered some where you put the cabochon in yourself when I ordered my kiln. Now that I have some dichroic glass and the round pendant mold, I plan on making some cabochons for them. But right now we are getting used to the kiln and its temperature and firing schedules. Once we are sure that about the firing schedules, then I will finally be ready to make my own.

You can buy the purse hangers from an art glass retailer and use any flat (at least on one side) one inch bead or crystal.

Lois,

I just attempted to order the same ones as you - except the shipping charge was $28 USD and that was the least expensive! Are they shipped from Hong Kong or :eek:??? So, I will continue to see if I can find them elsewhere.

28 bucks for shipping?:eek::confused::rolleyes:...I did not pay 28.00....

I am going to look at the website again and see what they

are doing:eek:..that just does not seem right.

Lois,

Hi, I am on their website now and there is a breakdown of

shipping/handling charges:

Standard Shipping

We use USPS (United States Post Office) as our delivery agent. Allow up to 7-10 working days for shipments to reach you after leaving our warehouse. You can ship an order to yourself at a different address. Please use a street address whenever possible; PO boxes may delay delivery.

Shipping and Handling Chart*

Merchandise Total Shipping & Handling

$0 - 19.99 Add $4.99

$20.00 - $39.99 Add $7.99

$40.00 - $59.99 Add $9.99

$60.00 - $79.99 Add $12.99

$80.00 - $99.99 Add $14.99

$100.00 & over Add $16.99

*Note: Some of our larger items may require additional shipping charges as indicated in the product copy.

Where did you come up with 28.00 shipping charges? Merchandise figure is on the left...up to

20.00 worth of product is a 5.00 shipping charge.

28 bucks for shipping?:eek::confused::rolleyes:...I did not pay 28.00....

I am going to look at the website again and see what they

are doing:eek:..that just does not seem right.

Hi Lois,

I live in Montreal - so as usual - any shipping from the States tends to be 3 times the price - trying to heave hoe that package over the fence line that borders our countries costs more you know <lol>. If you "pretended" you were a Canadian ordering up the same items I did at the website (there is an area on the shopping basket that indicates "Canadian" - then you'll understand why I opted out of purchasing <lol>).

Am scooting off to Burlington, VT tomorrow with a friend (early Xmas shopping and just a "lets get away girl day"). Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for there. Due to more buying power in the US (larger populace for buying compared to Canada) - there sometimes are things that we can't get here north of the border. I have had to hold myself back in the past buying things in the US - due to crossing border and being grilled by Customs/Duty officers - plus our dismal dollar value to yours (tho' it was good for awhile until the financial stuff hit).

As one other poster said here - II may look for just the plain piece of metal (I make my own jewelery) - as well as perhaps if the Hallmark store still exists in my neck of the woods I'll check it out.

I'm on a mission here now - can you tell I'm determined <lol>!

Hi,:) thanks for that explanation and I should have noticed

the Montreal in your name area. So sorry about those

pricey charges for you:(

Hopefully you will find something on your shopping spree:D

Archived