New to NCL questions

lynn247

We booked the Jewel repositioning cruise during last months sale, got a great fare with our union discount as well as on-board credit. I am excited and thrilled with the itinerary. :D

In the NCL cabin photos, the AE penthouse suite is shown with dark wood like walls and a dark balcony door, not the glass door that I have become used to. I find all this wood dark and depressing:(. All that added bright orange, magenta, and blue :eek: decor doesn't help. I need sunshine.

Will someone who has stayed in an AE suite tell me if these cabins are bright and cheery, or sunless and dark.

Second question, is the in cabin television interactive? Is there a VCR or DVD player?

Third question, are the daliies for one ship similar to the dailies for any other ship...activities, entertainment, etc.

Any photos will help....:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

The suites on the Jewel are very nice. Yes, they lean towards the dark wood look. We have done a repo T/A on the Jewel and had a great time. After taking quite a few cruises over the past few years, we love to read the dailies each night, but they are all pretty much the same. Personally, I am amazed at people that want to get copies months ahead and plan their days. We can never figure out what we want to do while reading them the SAME DAY. LOL! Same with Menus. We can not decide what we want to eat tonight, and for sure can not figure out next summer!

More info on sailing with NCL here

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Your question about dailies, I'm usually too overwhelmed or too tired to read the dailies every night, sometimes we miss something we really wanted to do. So, if there is something that really interests us, I pretty much scan the dailies to find that activity, and set aside time to participate. Sometimes something else comes us and we do something else. We are usually pretty spontaneous in choosing our activities. But it is nice to know in advance what is offered.

Food, I agree. What I feel I might want to eat tonight, may not actually be what I cook.

The TV in our Jewel room was not interactive...just a basic TV. "Outside" channels were Fox and CNN. Otherwise there was at least one movie channel (movies listed somewhere...I think on a chart on/near the TV), and the rest were "ship related" -- one had port stuff (mainly shopping advice), another the announcements, another the ship's itinerary, that sort of thing.

We weren't in the room enough to watch any of the movies..or really be able to tell you much about the decor, though! :)

The TV in our Jewel room was not interactive...just a basic TV. "Outside" channels were Fox and CNN. Otherwise there was at least one movie channel (movies listed somewhere...I think on a chart on/near the TV), and the rest were "ship related" -- one had port stuff (mainly shopping advice), another the announcements, another the ship's itinerary, that sort of thing.

We weren't in the room enough to watch any of the movies..or really be able to tell you much about the decor, though! :)

We usually don't spend much time in the cabin either, but last July on the Caribbean Princess, my husband developed a hernia :( (had a hernia attack??? loads of pain!!) and we spent loads of time in our cabin as walking aggravated it.

As far as an interactive TV, I was just wondering if you can see your account, daily menus, book shore excursions, etc.

Archived