Isn't category A4 the Owners Suite on the Jewell

jaw62901

Can anyone confirm that category A4 refers to the Owners Suite

on the Jewell.

A4 is a Courtyard Villa Suite. AA is an Owners's Suite in the bow & A2 isa Deluxe Owner's Suite on deck 15 above the Garden Villa Suites

Happy Cruising

A4 is a Courtyard Villa Suite. AA is an Owners's Suite in the bow & A2 isa Deluxe Owner's Suite on deck 15 above the Garden Villa Suites

Happy Cruising

Then I'm confussed. If AA is the Owners suite, then what is A4, A3, AB and AC per below.

Category

Category Descriptions

Deck

Maximum Occupancy

Appx. Sq. Ft

cat_AA.gif

With over 790 sq ft, this suite includes a living room, private balconies, dining room, separate bedroom with king-size bed, mini bar and luxury bath and separate shower. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck. Butler service and concierge available.

Deck 09

Deck 10

cat_A3.gif

Living area, private balcony, dining area, separate bedroom with queen-size bed, separate children's bedroom, one bedroom features a luxury bath and separate shower. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck. Butler service and concierge available.

Deck 14

cat_A4.gif

Living area, private balcony, dining area, separate bedroom with queen-size bed and luxury bath and separate shower. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck. Butler service and concierge available.

Deck 14

cat_AB.gif

Living area, private balcony, dining area, separate bedroom with queen-size bed, separate children's bedroom and luxury bath and separate shower. Butler service and concierge available.

Deck 11

cat_AC.gif

Living area, private balcony, dining area, bedroom with queen-size bed and luxury bath and shower. Butler service and concierge available.

Deck 09

Deck 10

The Courtyard area is on Deck 14. Deck 14 is private access.

The following are located on Deck 14...

A1--Garden Villas

A2--Deluxe Owner's suite, none on the Jewel yet.

A3--2 bedroom suite

A4--1 bedroom suite

ON the regular decks(8,9,10,11)...

AA--1 bedroom suite(has access to the Courtyard)

AB--2 bedroom suites

AC--1 bedroom suite

AD--1 bedroom suite, located on the AFT

AE--1 bedroom suite, located on the AFT

Hope this helps :)

So would the AC and AB be considered deluxe penthouse suites with AB having two bedrooms instead of one.

They (and the AE's) are just called Penthouses in NCL vernacular. The difference is location and number of bedrooms.

As previously mentioned, no A2's on the Jewel.

They (and the AE's) are just called Penthouses in NCL vernacular. The difference is location and number of bedrooms.

As previously mentioned, no A2's on the Jewel.

Thanks. So there really isn't much difference between the AE, AC and AB penthouse suites other than location and number of bedrooms.

On most of the ships (Dawn, Star, Jewel, Pearl, Gem, Jade), there's very little difference between the ACs, ADs and AEs except for location and size of balconies. The AB is a completely different animal -- yes, it has two bedrooms, but aside from that, the layout isn't anything like the AC, AD or AE. Look at the floorplans and photos on the NCL site and you'll see what I mean. I have photos of an AC, AE and AB in Webshots; click on the photos link in my signature.

On most of the ships (Dawn, Star, Jewel, Pearl, Gem, Jade), there's very little difference between the ACs, ADs and AEs except for location and size of balconies. The AB is a completely different animal -- yes, it has two bedrooms, but aside from that, the layout isn't anything like the AC, AD or AE. Look at the floorplans and photos on the NCL site and you'll see what I mean. I have photos of an AC, AE and AB in Webshots; click on the photos link in my signature.

So it seems that upgrading from an AE suite to an AC really isn't worth it if the cabins are all practically the same. I guess if we want a nicer suite we will need to look at the AB category suites or higher.

So it seems that upgrading from an AE suite to an AC really isn't worth it if the cabins are all practically the same. I guess if we want a nicer suite we will need to look at the AB category suites or higher.

Maybe this will help if you move to :

AD you get a deeper aft balcony

AC you get a huge balcony but are facing forward on the ship

AB you get separate living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms one that is remarkable with separate tub, 6 head shower, dual sinks etc.

A4 - same as AB but one bedroom and luxury bath with courtyard access and perks

AA - Two balconies one forward one to the side, Luxury bath, 1/2 bath guests, huge living room, Courtyard access, 3 bottles of booze

A2 - Deluxe Owners, best view on the ship, luxury bath, private ship top balcony.

AA - Garden Villa - 5000 sf. 3 bedrooms, anything you want.

A3 - same as AB with courtyard access and perks

Maybe this will help if you move to :

AD you get a deeper aft balcony

AC you get a huge balcony but are facing forward on the ship

AB you get separate living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms one that is remarkable with separate tub, 6 head shower, dual sinks etc. (etc. includes a television set over the bathtub and floor-to-ceiling windows in the master bathroom).

A4 - same as AB but one bedroom and luxury bath with courtyard access and perks

AA - Two balconies one forward one to the side, Luxury bath, 1/2 bath guests, huge living room, Courtyard access, 3 bottles of booze

A2 - Deluxe Owners, best view on the ship, luxury bath, private ship top balcony. (OMG, this cabin is fabulous!!!!!)

AA - Garden Villa - 5000 sf. 3 bedrooms, anything you want.

A3 - same as AB with courtyard access and perks

What a wonderful summary! I've added a couple of things that most stood out to me in the AB and A2 (which we only had for one night :().

Archived