Anyone on Ryndam 11/03/08?

BendORcruiser

We were sailing on the NCL Star and saw the Ryndam follow us into Cabo on Monday Nov. 3rd, but it only stayed in port less then an hour and sailed away again. Being an overly curious person, I was wondering why it didn't stay in port long enough for anyone to get off or on again. Anyone know why?

We were sailing on the NCL Star and saw the Ryndam follow us into Cabo on Monday Nov. 3rd, but it only stayed in port less then an hour and sailed away again. Being an overly curious person, I was wondering why it didn't stay in port long enough for anyone to get off or on again. Anyone know why?

This would have been the Ryndam's second Sea Day heading south. My guess is they had a Medical evacuation that day. That very frequently happens, the Ryndam was just in Cabo yesterday for their regularly scheduled stop on their return for that cruise.

The Ryndam began a 10 day cruise on Nov 10 and will be back in San Diego tomorrow -- Nov 11.

It does sound like a medical emergency.

I do know that one time when we were on the Ryndam -- we started out of San Diego with 4 medical emergencies but by the time we got down to Cabo we were down to 3. It did take longer than an hour to get everyone and all their luggage into the tender and then lower it into the water -- get to the tender pier to the waiting 3 ambulances -- fill out the paper work the HAL reps there -- get the tender back to the ship and secured once again.

We just returned home from a great cruise on Ryndam.

Indeed on our 2nd seaday there was an emergency stop in Cabo. According to the anouncements made there were 3 passengers on board that needed urgent medical hospital treatment.

They were brought ashore by tender.

The stop was for about 1,5 hr, after that we sailed to P. Vallarta.

Archived