Prinsendam, strange review

happy cruzer

We haven't been on HAL since 2000, but we since learned to use custom air for our flights. HAL insisted that a 45 min. connection in Frankfurt was "legal", and that we would be able to make it to Istanbul. Well, we actually were taken to the back door of the gate and made the flight ---barely. Our luggage didn't make it.

Celebrity is also guilty of tight connections. I blame the people who arrange the flights---idiots!! Nowadays, we like at least a couple of hours leeway. And, a direct flight to the continent---it's easier to catch up when you are there.

My 2 cents---because someone said they didn't blame HAL for a tight connection.

My 2 cents---because someone said they didn't blame HAL for a tight connection.
Mostly, I agree with you about the tight connections. However, in this case, Delta had only ONE direct flight from Athens to JFK per day and it was originally scheduled for 12:35PM. They changed the flight time just a few weeks before the cruise. By that time, HAL had probably already bought the air and scheduled the passengers although they probably only saw the 10:05AM time and thought HAL screwed up. Also, you can't always anticipate that you'll have 175mph headwinds all across the Atlantic. People with connections that were originally 1 1/2 hours or more (re-scheduled by Delta, not HAL) wound up having a tight connection. Again, I stand by my opinion that in this case, the flight(s) weren't HALs fault.

Wow, either we were in some euphoric state, unaware of what was happening around us for 4 weeks or we were on a different ship from the reviewer! My wife & I were on board Athens to Athens & almost completely disagree with the review. Some folks just find fault in everything. The ship's personnel from the Captain on down were very professional and with rare exceptions, really tried to give good service. Our dining room experience was better than Pam's as the service while not 100% as good as the recent past, was mostly good. While food enjoyment is so subjective and usually not worth giving an opinion on, I will say we enjoyed our meals & thought they were above average for "mass produced" meals.

My wife was one of the unfortunates who caught the cold virus but what the heck, this sometimes happens when so many people are in constant contact with each other. She didn't sit and whine about it but sucked it up & kept on truckin.

Usually I would ignore a rant (oops. I mean review) like that but it was so off the wall I just have to get my 2 cents in. We had a wonderful 4 weeks on the Prinsendam.

Archived