Things to do on sea days!

richnorto

OK, I have just finished all 19 pages of that thread! So many of you wonderful people I have seen on this board made appearances. I can't remember when I have laughed so hard! I should be packing as we leave on Sunday, but I just couldn't pry myself away. I do have one favor to ask of Rev Neal. Would it be possible to talk to your boss about some water I plan to bring onboard :D? And since this is a thread about what to do on sea days, may I suggest parasailing? You just need to bring your own ropes, harness and parachute. Or maybe you could get the nice lady with the sewing machine to make a parachute for you.

I love parasailers

Yipes_+Great+White+Shark_+South+Australia.jpg

I am new to these boards, but have so enjoyed this thread that I decided to do a search on blenders. I hope this is what you guys are talking about. It is hysterical! I just noticed my link starts with page 2, that's how far I had gotten when I decided to post this for all of you to find. So make sure you go back to page one - some very funny stuff!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=58003&highlight=Blender&page=2

LovetheFall, thank you for posting the link! I would have found it eventually, but you made it soooooo easy! Thanks, again.

Sure!

Morning activities: eat, read, and fall asleep

Afternoon activities: eat, read, and fall asleep, wake up and walk 1x around the promenade.

Evening activities: eat, relax in the bar, see a show, dance, read and fall asleep.

Next day repeat above activities

:D This is ACTUALLY very true! :rolleyes:

Well, when I signed up for the bridge class, they showed up with playing cards!:eek:
On the subject of bridge ... this is something else that annoys the you know what out of me. Why can't the bridge instructors teach people who have absolutely no knowledge of the game? On a 35-day cruise, there is no reason someone couldn't be taught from the basics. I can understand on shorter cruises that there really isn't enough time ... but in 35 days, with all the sea days we had on that Hawaii/South Pacific sailing, there is no reason, in my opinion, that a class couldn't be run for total newbies. But from what I was told they only do that on World Cruises.

Blue skies ...

--rita

On the subject of bridge ... this is something else that annoys the you know what out of me. Why can't the bridge instructors teach people who have absolutely no knowledge of the game? On a 35-day cruise, there is no reason someone couldn't be taught from the basics. I can understand on shorter cruises that there really isn't enough time ... but in 35 days, with all the sea days we had on that Hawaii/South Pacific sailing, there is no reason, in my opinion, that a class couldn't be run for total newbies. But from what I was told they only do that on World Cruises.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The two Bridge Directors turned up a little late for their cruise, and, as the story goes, that since there were no regular cabins available, they were given one in the officers quarters, near to the bridge.

In the wee hours of the next morning, as they staggered back to their cabin, they met up with a young officer, who was new to the cruise buissiness.

"This deck is off limits to guests", the officer explained to them.

"Thash quite all right offither",:eek: came the reply,"We're the new bridge directhors!":eek:

I am don't know exactly what took place arfter that.:D

In answer to your question, some directors take a vote, to see what the guests might like. In actual fact a few lessons on the 'basics', is good for most of us.

john

Our favorite activity on sea days is to go the stern and start unrolling toilet paper! You get about 20 of those suckers trailing in the breeze and it looks pretty cool! Add that to the waterskiers and trolling lines from earlier in the thread and you got yourself a sight to behold!

Oh wait! Even better! I gotta dig through my old duffel bag for some smoke grenades! I think I still have some Goofy Grapes! ;)

And kites!

Our favorite activity on sea days is to go the stern and start unrolling toilet paper! You get about 20 of those suckers trailing in the breeze and it looks pretty cool! Add that to the waterskiers and trolling lines from earlier in the thread and you got yourself a sight to behold!

Oh wait! Even better! I gotta dig through my old duffel bag for some smoke grenades! I think I still have some Goofy Grapes! ;)

And kites!

I have just two words for you.

Grow up!!!

john

Blue skies ...

--rita

If I am ever cruising with you I'd be happy to give you the basics. Anyone can pick up the basic game with a little cheat sheet (points, etc)and be playing in no time. The finesse (no pun intended for you bridge types) comes with practice. It's a great game and it bothers me that more of us bridge players don't take the time intrduce more people to the game. If you're interested, why not ask one or more of the people playing, if they might be willing to stay after and give you a little lesson.

And kites!

How incredibly funny would this look at sail away!! Tee Hee :D The ship with the tails!!!

I enjoyed the story about the 2 enterprising teens who snagged the future cruise consultant's desk and a couple chairs and dragged the whole thing into an elevator and then rode up and down and demanded when the door opened at a given floor, to know if prospective riders had a reservation.

I would think if you took along a bottle of smuggled spirits to keep from getting parched while so involved, that you could make an entertaining afternoon out of it.

We have also had fun launching screaming flying monkeys across the atrium from one deck to another.

Archived