Questions about Labadee

shaynasmom

Hello -

I am just starting to research our trip on FREEDOM on December 7th.,....

Labadee - beach day for RCCL ... right ????

Our girls are going to want to do the "water toys" in the ocean.... do we pay for these at the beach ????

Or do we book it ahead of time ?????

Also - what location at the beach are these ??????

Where are the hammocks on the beach (which area) ???? (husband wants these)

Is this something you have to "schedule" or just go and pay once you are there.

Thanks for the help - as you can tell I am rather lost on this one....

Hello -

I am just starting to research our trip on FREEDOM on December 7th.,....

Labadee - beach day for RCCL ... right ????

Our girls are going to want to do the "water toys" in the ocean.... do we pay for these at the beach ????

Or do we book it ahead of time ?????

Also - what location at the beach are these ??????

Where are the hammocks on the beach (which area) ???? (husband wants these)

Is this something you have to "schedule" or just go and pay once you are there.

Thanks for the help - as you can tell I am rather lost on this one....

Hello again! Labadee is a great stop and very relaxing as a beach day. Most of the water activities are just down to the right of the tender dock. (Land side). I believe you can book them either way - onboard or at the beach location. If there is a schedule involved (based on your plans or their booking list) you would probably be better off scheduling the activity ahead of time. It's been some time since we've done that, so you may want to double check with RCI (call or web) to see. Parasailing, seados, etc., book pretty fast. The slides, water park, etc., are pretty open. Not clear on the hammocks, but the beach chairs are on a first come basis and have a nominal charge, so I would suggest getting off the ship early and finding your spot. The guides there will carry the chairs to your spot for you if they are not already set up. The beaches on the cove side (ship anchor side) are the best in terms of calm waters, shallow entry, etc., but also get the crowds first. Our experience is that the beach furthest out cove side is one of the nicest - also closest to the pavillion where lunch is served. Lunch is typically hot dogs, hamburgers, sides, salads, etc - and of course n/c. The beaches on the ocean side (where the Dragon's Breath zip line is) are the roughest and not the best for swimming or younger children. Check the activites guide on line to see all that is offered, but there is a good selection of things to do for all ages. Lots of walking related sightseeing, a straw market (negotiate everything - and when you think you have your best price, walk away and negotiate again!), or you can just lay back and do nothing. (One of my favorites!) They offer trams to ride the length of the penninsula if you don't want to walk - they run continuously, just flag one down. There are restroom facilities, bars, etc., so you don't need to leave once you are there. The tenders also run continuosly so you can go back for lunch, etc., if preferred. But try to get on one of the early ones off as indicated to find your beach spot. Labadee has always been one of our favorite spots - we'll be there about two weeks after you! I think your familiy will enjoy it as well!

Hideaway Beach - which I think is the first cove side beach just left of the tender docks apparently is closed for construction of the pier to dock Oasis. Make sure you're off as early as possible if a cove side beach is your choice, and just head furthest out. Also - not to raise concern and just as an "FYI" - there apparently have been some recent reroutings of the Labadee stop due to a local "labor dispute". But thie likelihood is that it will be resolved before you sail - check the following link for more info. Have a great cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83 .

• 1 month later...
Hideaway Beach - which I think is the first cove side beach just left of the tender docks apparently is closed for construction of the pier to dock Oasis. Make sure you're off as early as possible if a cove side beach is your choice, and just head furthest out. Also - not to raise concern and just as an "FYI" - there apparently have been some recent reroutings of the Labadee stop due to a local "labor dispute". But thie likelihood is that it will be resolved before you sail - check the following link for more info. Have a great cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83 .

Hideaway Beach is the furthest beach out cove side and is closed due to pier construction.

Archived