Daughter booked in a different cabin ... how to change it?

Sailing on the Serenade on 1/3/09 with my extended family. My uncle did all of the legwork. I had assumed it would be the four of us in the cabin--myself, my wife, Miss Swede (4-years-old) and Baby Swede (18-months). Unbeknownst to myself or my wife, he booked Miss Swede in the same cabin as my parents. I'm going to guess my mother suggested to my uncle that Miss Swede stay in their cabin.

Anyways, the underlying issue is that Miss Swede has a lot of food allergies, and we need to submit the food allergy request within the next week.

1. How difficult is it to move Miss Swede into our cabin? Is there an additional cost involved? Since the trip was booked through Travelocity, I'm going to have to call them to authorize the cabin move--and it's annoying that you have to leave a phone message instead of talking to a live person (but I digress).

2. Are there any underlying issues with Miss Swede being booked in my parent's cabin, and not in the same cabin as her parents? (Perhaps, headcounts in an emergency situation.) What if Miss Swede chooses to sleep in our cabin all 7 nights? Do I even need to worry about #1?

3. When submitting the food allergy request, should I note both cabin numbers and both booking IDs? (I guess it can't hurt.)

Thanks in advance.

First welcome to the boards,

Second will your cabin hold 4 people? It really doesn't matter which cabin is associated with the food because she will be dining with you and no matter what you submit in writing I would suggest that you also go down the first day and talk to the Maitre'D if her allergies are severe. If you move her to your cabin they will deduct the third person rate from your parents cabin and you will get charged for the extra person in yours.

Once onboard they couldn't care less where anyone sleeps - don't bother changing things around.

For her food allergies, you can just email foodallergies@rccl.com with her name, sailing date, and reservation number. That department cares only about food allergeis for dining room etc - they don't care who's room she's in etc.

Check the mini fridge when you get into the rooms - make sure there's nothing in there she's allergic too - ie peanuts in candy bars etc.

Sailing on the Serenade on 1/3/09 with my extended family. My uncle did all of the legwork. I had assumed it would be the four of us in the cabin--myself, my wife, Miss Swede (4-years-old) and Baby Swede (18-months). Unbeknownst to myself or my wife, he booked Miss Swede in the same cabin as my parents. I'm going to guess my mother suggested to my uncle that Miss Swede stay in their cabin.

Anyways, the underlying issue is that Miss Swede has a lot of food allergies, and we need to submit the food allergy request within the next week.

1. How difficult is it to move Miss Swede into our cabin? Is there an additional cost involved? Since the trip was booked through Travelocity, I'm going to have to call them to authorize the cabin move--and it's annoying that you have to leave a phone message instead of talking to a live person (but I digress).

2. Are there any underlying issues with Miss Swede being booked in my parent's cabin, and not in the same cabin as her parents? (Perhaps, headcounts in an emergency situation.) What if Miss Swede chooses to sleep in our cabin all 7 nights? Do I even need to worry about #1?

3. When submitting the food allergy request, should I note both cabin numbers and both booking IDs? (I guess it can't hurt.)

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm - well, I'll assume that you will all be eating meals at the same table in the dining room, so the food allergies shouldn't be an issue at all. They really don't care where anyone sleeps either. If the rooms aren't near one another, there could be a lifeboat issue (children get wristbands which note what lifeboat they should be in based on cabin location - but let's hope that would never happen).

Other than that, unless there's a big price difference between your cabin and your parents' cabin (e.g., you are in an inside and they are in a GS), I just don't see much of an issue.

To answer a few of the questions/comments...

* Our cabin is an Outside Oceanview Stateroom with an additional (maybe two) pullman bed. The wife has already volunteered me to the pullman while she and the kids sleep in the regular bed. :D

* My parent's cabin is only 3-4 doors away (and I think my other relatives are in the cabins between us).

* We certainly intend on asking that the mini-fridge be cleared out upon check-in.

Thanks again. Any additional comments appreciated.

Did your parents have to pay for 3 in a room? If you move her to your cabin, the charges will change--you will owe more, they will owe less! And, your room has to be able to sleep 4 for them to "legally" put her in your cabin.

If the prices of the cabins don't matter to anyone, then when you board, just put your daughter in the room with you. The ship doesn't care who sleeps where!

The food thing has nothing to do with the cabin arrangements.

Archived