No diving excursions in Moorea?

rickandpat

We're excited about our 7-day cruise starting Feb. 28 on the PG. I can scarcely believe it, but there are no diving offerings in Moorea (though the usual ones are offered for the beginning of the trip). I called Regent and they doubt they're going to be added, though the operator sounded rather clueless. Any ideas what's up? My husband would have liked one or two more dives, but he will have no problem finding something else to do (or he could go with an outside operator).

We are booked on the Feb 5 to Feb 20 Brisbane to Papeete, and there is a dive scheduled in Moorea. Seems odd that there is not one for your cruise??? Perhaps they are cancelling them for some reason? Maybe weather considerations....................:eek:

Hmm, I'm not a diver, but they seem to usually have "Shark Alley" in Moorea.

But, there's lots else to do, never fear, hikes and 4x4 trips, and various water adventures. It's a beautiful island, go ashore and enjoy it, be sure to go up to the Belvedere lookout for the view.

If PG isn't offering any diving in Moorea you should be able to ask Dominique (the diving manager aboard PG) to arrange something for you with a local operator. Be sure to check in with the dive desk when you first get on board.

Archived