Carnival Dream - Tell Me Everything~

VABeach

I didn't even know that Carnival had a new ship coming out, but I was looking around for a cruise next Christmas/New Years and saw this one out there with a Balcony even cheaper than the Inside.

I called my TA and she thought it was probably a mistake, but that didn't keep me from booking it!!

So, it looks like a whole new class of ship for CCL..... can anyone fill me in on the goodies??? What's up with the new boat??? :D

wait.....so was the balcony cheaper then the inside or what?! :confused: Dont keep us in suspense! IF thats true i'll go book it right now! :DI am in the same boat you are, I was looking for another cruise for late next year, didnt even know Carnival was coming out with a new ship, then WHAM! Carnival Dream! Perfect! I'm going on a cruise in a couple days and i want to see if they offer OBC if you purchase a cruise while on a cruise, so we'll see.:rolleyes: Biut I'll def be booking on the Carnival Dream soon. Looking at 12-9-09. Let us know about the balcony! ttyl.:cool:

Hi! Yes.. let us know where you saw that a balcony was cheaper than an inside?!?! :cool:

We're booked for the Inaugeral sail out of its home port.. Port Canaveral on the 3rd. It's a 9 night, so it doesn't come back in until the 12th. So, Pyro Tec.. did you mean you were looking at the 12-12-09 for a 7night? or coming on the 3rd for the longer sail?

I'm constantly looking at the new pics.. check out the Carnival site for the Dream.. there are new pics of it being 'floated out' from dry dock in Italy! :D

Hi! Yes.. let us know where you saw that a balcony was cheaper than an inside?!?! :cool:

We're booked for the Inaugeral sail out of its home port.. Port Canaveral on the 3rd. It's a 9 night, so it doesn't come back in until the 12th. So, Pyro Tec.. did you mean you were looking at the 12-12-09 for a 7night? or coming on the 3rd for the longer sail?

I'm constantly looking at the new pics.. check out the Carnival site for the Dream.. there are new pics of it being 'floated out' from dry dock in Italy! :D

Yeah, I'll be going on the 7 day. I'm always looking at Carnival Dream's website and blog and pictures and reading posts here about it an everything! actually i haven't seen the new pics from the "float out" I'll go check right now. i have been so busy with work (in Atlanta right now on business) and planning for our wedding and planning the cruise on Inspiration in a couple of days, I'm also a part time pyro technician (hence the screen name) so i've been doing a bunch of firework shows, anyway, i'll stop boring you, but yeah, STRESSED! cannot wait until this cruise!!!! :D

Yes!! Balcony CHEAPER than Inside.

There is a whole Role Call of us on the 12/26/09 thread asking - "did you get the balcony deal too???"

My TA thought it was a mistake, and appearantly so did all of the other's TA's too.

I wonder if it is some big promotion for the new class of ship?

This is a whole new class, right?

I guess I'll do some research to see what all the fuss is about.... :D

I love Carnival, but they're slacking when it comes to advestising new ships. All the other cruise lines have major annoucements, etc for new ships along with the special features. I think the problem is with the Carnival designer. I really think they could take some advise and notes from RCL, NCL and Celebrity. I have been with Carnival since 2006. I signed up for RCL, Princess, HAL, Celebrity and NCL emails in the past two months and I get something either email or in the mail from at least one of them every week concerning new ships, specials, etc. Today I got a DVD and brochure from Princess for 2009-2010 cruises.

I love Carnival, but they're slacking when it comes to advestising new ships. All the other cruise lines have major annoucements, etc for new ships along with the special features. I think the problem is with the Carnival designer. I really think they could take some advise and notes from RCL, NCL and Celebrity. I have been with Carnival since 2006. I signed up for RCL, Princess, HAL, Celebrity and NCL emails in the past two months and I get something either email or in the mail from at least one of them every week concerning new ships, specials, etc. Today I got a DVD and brochure from Princess for 2009-2010 cruises.

The interesting thing about what you just said is that Princess and Hal are both owned by Carnival Corporation so you would think they would have figured that out. But I agree, there certainly wasn't much advertising compared to the other lines.

RCI/Celebrity seems to have the whole advertisement aspect down pat. (They get it back in their PRICES. :eek:)

Comes down to price I guess. They could spend more on advertising then we'd see it in the cost of a cruise.

I'm actually amazed that any new ships are being built right now given the state of the economy. Then again, these things are planned years in advance...

Just so you know, after Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic is scheduled to cruise in 2011.

John Heald has his own blog:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

I was on the first three Carnival Splendor cruises and he was the cruise director on the ship for some time.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor.htm

I think he is pretty much retired from the Cruise Director biz (my opinion), although he will continue to make appearances on Carnival ships and has stated he will be on the Inaugural Carnival Dream voyage.

He and his wife, Heidi, are expecting their first child in May, 2009, so I imagine all his plans are subject to change.

We are on the 1/-9/2010 cruise. The Carnival web site won't give a price for January of Feb 2010, they will for March, April and May. It drives me nuts when I can't check the price!! I am always looking for a price drop but this stops me.

We did book a cove balcony at a good price but not as cheap as an inside. This is our first balcony.

We are on the 1/-9/2010 cruise. The Carnival web site won't give a price for January of Feb 2010, they will for March, April and May. It drives me nuts when I can't check the price!! I am always looking for a price drop but this stops me.

We did book a cove balcony at a good price but not as cheap as an inside. This is our first balcony.

I'm thinking that since they had this "deal" on balconies, that it is probably a "cove" balcony. (Although technically, I got a guarentee). I'm trying to figure out what is so special about them. From what I can tell, it's closer to the waterline and smaller than a regular balcony. Is that the only difference?

I'm excited about this ship! It looks cool. :D

Thanks so much for all the info.

I am still getting (undefined in on the web site in the Jan & Feb 2010 box) Maybe they got tired of me checking the price!!

There is more than one way to check prices. You can use one of the big internet sales companies even if you don't use them to book through.

Try some of the ones that advertise on this site. It never hurts to look. ;)

I always thought the reason they didn't put balconies close to the waterline of the ship was because they didn't want seawater coming into the rooms, or worse, sinking the ship. Does anyone else think that is strange???

On the Dream there is a cover for the opening if the seas get rough and the water is over the balocny. The crew will come and put it on.

That sounds good, but I am sceptical as to how long that will work. I know what sea water does to homes and hotel rooms via hurricanes. You just have to know that sooner or later, some bone head will let the place get soaked. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived