Dawn AF

DeeCT

We booked a AF on the Dawn for our Bermuda cruise next year, and quite frankly, I am having second thoughts. It will be Dh and I and our 2 kids 15 and 9. Now my 15 yr old is as big as a pro football linebacker, and I am starting to wonder if my DD and him will be able to share the pull out in that cabin. Should I keep the AF or suck it up and call and switch to the AB?? any insite would be wonderful!! Thanks sooo much.

Dee

As a good friend of mine says.. not just no, but hell no. We have been in four Aft AE's and I honestly can not see a big linebacker kind of a guy and his sister sharing that little pull out. I'm a big guy and just sitting on the pull out I take up almost all of it.

One thing I would recommend you check into is to see if you can get an inexpensive inside cabin close to your Aft AE for the kids to sleep in. You will probably have to set it up as if one of the adults was listed as being in each room, but once you check in, they really don't care who sleeps where. It might be less expensive for you to do that, you will have two full bathrooms, your kids will be close to you, maybe even right across the hall, and you will still get that wonderful Aft balcony that you are going to love.

Oh Boy, not just a no but a Hell no.. that doesn't sound good at all!!! I just emailed my PCC to see what I can do... I guess I could sleep on the pull out with my DD, but that would really stink considering I am the one paying for the cruise ;) Thanks for your help

Dee

Mom and I just got back from the Dawn.. we were in cabin 10730 AFT - and I can tell you it is crapmed for 2 people. The pull out? we never pulled it out, but is smaller than a love seat in width.. I can't imagine it being big enough for 2 people - maybe 1. :eek:

Mom and I just got back from the Dawn.. we were in cabin 10730 AFT - and I can tell you it is crapmed for 2 people. The pull out? we never pulled it out, but is smaller than a love seat in width.. I can't imagine it being big enough for 2 people - maybe 1. :eek:

You know, that really is bad.. just think If I didn't know about CC, I would go on here thinking it was fit for 4 people... so glad I asked! Thanks again

Dee

Dee.. this was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up.. Your situtation. Honestly I am surprised they even let you book the AE for four people as I thought NCL had a restriction on the suite for just two people.

I do hope they get something worked out for you. Even if you stay as is and are cramped, I hope you have a good time.. Hey.. if nothing else, one of you can sleep on the lounger out on your balcony.. LOL.. I've done it before. Gone out late at night to lay there and look at the stars.. next thing you know.. its three hours later.. feel right to sleep right there on the balcony.

Dee.. this was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up.. Your situtation. Honestly I am surprised they even let you book the AE for four people as I thought NCL had a restriction on the suite for just two people.

I do hope they get something worked out for you. Even if you stay as is and are cramped, I hope you have a good time.. Hey.. if nothing else, one of you can sleep on the lounger out on your balcony.. LOL.. I've done it before. Gone out late at night to lay there and look at the stars.. next thing you know.. its three hours later.. feel right to sleep right there on the balcony.

Terry...

I am in a AF ( Mini Suite) not at AE... but I am hearing that it is just as tight.. oh well, we will see

Dee

dee

I was on the dawn in a mini-suite af with 2 boys 15 and 12 not good. They sucked it up but that pull out is hard as a rock and small thank god they haved young bodies thats all i can say.We just booked Bermuda in 2009 and me and dh have the suite the boys got the ba balcony. My boys aren't line backers either lol.

pj

As a good friend of mine says.. not just no, but hell no. We have been in four Aft AE's and I honestly can not see a big linebacker kind of a guy and his sister sharing that little pull out. I'm a big guy and just sitting on the pull out I take up almost all of it.

One thing I would recommend you check into is to see if you can get an inexpensive inside cabin close to your Aft AE for the kids to sleep in. You will probably have to set it up as if one of the adults was listed as being in each room, but once you check in, they really don't care who sleeps where. It might be less expensive for you to do that, you will have two full bathrooms, your kids will be close to you, maybe even right across the hall, and you will still get that wonderful Aft balcony that you are going to love.

Definitely go for the nearby inside - saves a ton of money over the AB - but do not all four of you go in the same AE if you can afford something else! (I know some do this, but to me it wouldn't be a vacation ...)

Terry...

I am in a AF ( Mini Suite) not at AE... but I am hearing that it is just as tight.. oh well, we will see

Dee

Dee.. I will tell you.. we have only been in the Aft AE, never seen the inside of the Aft AF, but I honestly do not think there is a whole lot of difference in the two as far as room inside. I didn't realize when posting here that you were in the AF. There is a HUGE price difference between the AF and the AB. I realize it would be worth it if it helps you have a great vacation. Let us know what you guys get worked out.

Dee.. I will tell you.. we have only been in the Aft AE, never seen the inside of the Aft AF, but I honestly do not think there is a whole lot of difference in the two as far as room inside. I didn't realize when posting here that you were in the AF. There is a HUGE price difference between the AF and the AB. I realize it would be worth it if it helps you have a great vacation. Let us know what you guys get worked out.

Terry,

you know I have been trying to justify the price difference between the Mini and the AB... and this thread just did it for me!! I am waiting for my PCC to get back to me and I think I am just gonna switch!! I LOVE the suite life, and you know what?? My sanity it worth every penny!!!! :D

Dee

You won't regret it:D - we've stayed in an AB before (as well as A3) and the extra space is so worth it......you won't be falling all over each other and the suite perks (butler, concierge, etc, etc) are fantastic!

Hope you get a great deal - if so, welcome to the suite life. One problem though - once in a suite you will never want to cruise in anything but a suite!

You won't regret it:D - we've stayed in an AB before (as well as A3) and the extra space is so worth it......you won't be falling all over each other and the suite perks (butler, concierge, etc, etc) are fantastic!

Hope you get a great deal - if so, welcome to the suite life. One problem though - once in a suite you will never want to cruise in anything but a suite!

Oh you see the problem I have then, my very first cruise was in the AB... so you're right.. you can't go backwards... and I haven't yet!!! :)

Dee

Terry,

you know I have been trying to justify the price difference between the Mini and the AB... and this thread just did it for me!! I am waiting for my PCC to get back to me and I think I am just gonna switch!! I LOVE the suite life, and you know what?? My sanity it worth every penny!!!! :D

Dee

I think your sanity and your family having a vacation that will be a memory for their lifetime is worth every penny. Can't wait until you get back and can tell us all about it.

Archived