How do past passenger rates work with non-past passengers?

lovebug33

Okay, I'm sure that was confusing, but here's the deal. We could get a great deal on a Spring Break cruise. I want to go with my parents, but we are past passengers and they are not. Would I have to book one of us with each parent? And, when we got there, how would we get into our own room? I want to have this down before I broach it with my parents because they want to go Princess, not Carnival. However, with the past passenger rate, Carnival is 250 dollars less than Princess. So, I might get them to cruise Wal-Mart style (as Dad puts it). TIA!

i haven't done it myself but i believe i understand how this works - someone will correct me if i'm wrong, i'd bet ;-)

assuming we means there are 2 past guests in your party... you would book the rooms with one of the past guests in each room to take advantage of the discount...

when you get on the boat, go to the pursers desk, and get new s&s cards / key to your room (in the configuration you want), and voila. you're done.

Yep....that's all there is to it! We just had a family group of 12 in 5 cabins on the Glory. I booked a past guest in each cabin to get a better rate. Had a 3 yr. old that saved a 79 yr. old a lot of money! :p:p

Once onboard, 5 in our party were switching rooms. I took all the S&S cards down to the Info desk and it was done in 5 min. Each person in our group had an OBC for price drops and those didn't move so easily but eventually it was all fixed.

Archived