Promenade room for Guarantee balcony?

fmcsk

My cruise leaves 11/29/08 and I have a Promenade room on the eight floor and the online shows guarantee balcony for the same money.

First you opinion should I call Royal Caribbean and make the change to balcony and what will happen since I have my luggage tags already for the Promenade room how will I get new tags this close? Does anyone done this so late before the cruise and how will RCC handle the new room assignment?

Thank You

My cruise leaves 11/29/08 and I have a Promenade room on the eight floor and the online shows guarantee balcony for the same money.

First you opinion should I call Royal Caribbean and make the change to balcony and what will happen since I have my luggage tags already for the Promenade room how will I get new tags this close? Does anyone done this so late before the cruise and how will RCC handle the new room assignment?

Thank You

I personally haven't done what you discribe but it shouldn't be a problem. You can get the RCI rep to make the change and then just get new baggage tags from the porters at the pier.

I'd go for it.

I had a promenade room last month on Mariner and would gladly trade it for a balcony. I looked out my window a couple of times, endured a little more noise, and basicly had an inside cabin.

I've shown up at port before without my luggage tags. They will give you blank tags - you write your name and cabin number on them - no problems.

No problem, people do it all the time.

Call asap before the offer isn't there anymore.

You can get new luggage tags at the pier, the porters will have them that take your bags.

Just bring a sharpie with you to write in your names and teh new cabin number.

Jimbo:)

I would definitely take the balcony guarantee. There really isn't a bad balcony on the ship, so your risk is very low.

As for the luggage tags, you'll get blank ones from the porter at the pier that you can fill out with the new cabin number. (You might want to bring a Sharpie marker to label it big and bright). Alternatively, you can cross out the cabin number on your current tags and write the new number over it (using a dark marker). It's really no problem.

Thank You everyone for the feedback and info on luggage tags!:D

I made the switch this morning and suprised my wife that we are in a balcony know.

Everyone have a great day and a better weekend!

FMCSK

Archived