Any Spanish Language Problems on the Adventure?

Greetings Fellow Critics,

I am writng to inquire how the passenger mix is on the adventure. I cruised the Southern on Adventure in Dec. 2001 and had a boatload of Puerto Ricans along with us. Not that this was bad, but it lead to some social difficulties on board. Many spanish language guests, who were quite adept at the english language, would often ignore and usurp crew instructions.

I felt that this lead to a "us and them" mentality onboard. I have read in various reviews that there are spanish bingos and other activities and wondered if the problems had continued.

Any input on this subject would be appriciated.

BTW, I don't want to be taken wrong and sound prejudiced, I'm just looking for the most cohesive group.

Matt

Fantasy 1999

Explorer of the Seas 2000

Carnival Triumph 2001

Adventure of the Seas 2001

Carnival Spirit 2003

Carnival Glory 2003

We didn't have any problems in September on the Adventure (except for the crying baby in the dining room). He was PR and I couldn't understand a thing he was saying icon_biggrin.gif

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

When we went in Feb. 2004 The was a great mix of people from all over.

When we went in Sept.2004 1/3 the ship was from Puerto Rico. We didn't encounter one rude person, but I did get tired of hearing Spanish. One day we went 4 hrs. before we heard another person (besides the crew) speak English. It isn't the Spanish that bothered me, it was the fact that we didn't meet too many couples because most people we had contact with didn't speak our language.

Also Jesters night club was playing latin music EVERY time we went in. They did have a lot of Latin events on board, but it didn't make a difference in what was offered for English speaking people. Both cruises had the same activities available.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise out of San Juan again.

Bobbie icon_smile.gif

Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

• 12 years later...

We have been on this ship 4 times and have had no problems. This is a great ship with a fantastic crew servicing you. Would never hesitate sailing from San Juan. Heck you are starting your vacation in the Caribbean!!!