Ruby or Celebrity Solstice?

suecruises

We are planning on cruising in March 2009 - have never sailed either Princess or Celebrity (5 Carnival, 3 Royal Caribbean, 2 Holland America). Any thoughts on which would be the better bet?

Either will likely be a very nice cruise...

And, everyone has their own preferences as to cruise lines...we all have different criteria and standards...So, we can all just answer for ourselves as to cruise line...and, as has been said, we'd all be just guessing SOMEWHAT on the ships since both are brand new...Except that the Ruby should be very similar to the other recent Princess ships--3,070 passengers in 113,000 gross tons...a ratio I find to be a bit crowded...

The Solstice carries 2,850 passengers at double occupancy...in 122,000 gross tons...Fewer people, more space...You do the math...

I would, based on that alone, tend to prefer the Solstice...

Of course, IMHO...again, this is simply MY preference, based on MY criteria and standards...I would prefer Celebrity anyway...I've cruised on 7 different lines and Celebrity is, easily, my favorite...Food, service, overall elegance and comfort...

But, that said, again, either will give you a great cruise...you really can't go too far wrong...Heck, you've cruised Carnival five times...I've cruised with them three times and , 3 strikes and you're out...

Good luck...

Archived