Opinion about Carnival Fuel Surcharge

tedjazz

Halo

Look at this ... it's actually cheaper than Carnival.. hell it's cheaper than NCL.. lol

Of course no TA name.. otherwise they would put me in the time out chair...

CUNARD – SPECIALS – TRANSATLANTIC SAILINGS

Apr 14 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$469/O-$559/Bal-$659/P3-$2089

Apr 20 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$509/O-$609/Bal-$709/P3-$2189

Apr 26 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$509/O-$609/Bal-$709/P3-$2189

May 02 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$559/O-$659/Bal-$759/P1-$2379

May 08 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$559/O-$659/Bal-$759/P1-$2379

May 25 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$609/O-$709/Bal-$809/P3-$2569

May 31 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$609/O-$709/Bal-$809/P3-$2569

Jun 13 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$639/O-$849/Bal-$949/P3-$3099

Jun 19 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$639/O-$849/Bal-$949/P3-$3099

Jun 25 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999/P3-$3869

Jun 25 - QM 2 – 9 nt T/A(London/Boston): I-$1919/O-$2439/Bal-$2489/P2-$5179

Jul 04 - QM 2 – 8 nt T/A(Boston/London): I-$1589/O-$2099/Bal-$2149

Jul 06 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999/P3-$3869

Jul 06 - QM 2 – 7 nt T/A(NY/Cherbourg): I-$1479/O-$1669/Bal-$1769/P2-$4469

Jul 23 - QM 2 – 7 nt T/A(Cherbourg/NY): I-$1429/O-$1669/Bal-$1769/P2-$4469

Jul 24 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999

Im booked with a group on the July 2nd QM2, for less than it would cost me to book on my own ..... and the price includes airfare!!! from Dallas. (actually when I booked it says they are throwing in the hotel package too for free, one night at the Hyatt and transportation to dinner and a broadway musical. I do have to pay for dinner and the musical, and added 2 extra nights Im paying for at a cheaper hotel down the block the radisson).

We are doing 5 nights from NYC, and then we go to Hallifax and boston (we are there until midnight on the 4th) to see fireworks before back into NYC. Heck of a deal to me. Seems like a really fun group to me. Im willing to give it a try.

btw you can do all segments of the TA or just a part like we are doing NYC to NYC.

Halo

Look at this ... it's actually cheaper than Carnival.. hell it's cheaper than NCL.. lol

Naw, they send you an email saying you are a bad boy( for you a bad girl) yada yada yada and say this is your only warning :D

Halo

CUNARD – SPECIALS – TRANSATLANTIC SAILINGS

Apr 14 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$469/O-$559/Bal-$659/P3-$2089

Apr 20 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$509/O-$609/Bal-$709/P3-$2189

Apr 26 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$509/O-$609/Bal-$709/P3-$2189

May 02 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$559/O-$659/Bal-$759/P1-$2379

May 08 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$559/O-$659/Bal-$759/P1-$2379

May 25 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$609/O-$709/Bal-$809/P3-$2569

May 31 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$609/O-$709/Bal-$809/P3-$2569

Jun 13 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$639/O-$849/Bal-$949/P3-$3099

Jun 19 – QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$639/O-$849/Bal-$949/P3-$3099

Jun 25 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999/P3-$3869

Jun 25 - QM 2 – 9 nt T/A(London/Boston): I-$1919/O-$2439/Bal-$2489/P2-$5179

Jul 04 - QM 2 – 8 nt T/A(Boston/London): I-$1589/O-$2099/Bal-$2149

Jul 06 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(NY/London): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999/P3-$3869

Jul 06 - QM 2 – 7 nt T/A(NY/Cherbourg): I-$1479/O-$1669/Bal-$1769/P2-$4469

Jul 23 - QM 2 – 7 nt T/A(Cherbourg/NY): I-$1429/O-$1669/Bal-$1769/P2-$4469

Jul 24 - QM 2 – 6 nt T/A(London/NY): I-$659/O-$899/Bal-$999

Please send specifics to EASTERNCARRIBEAN@LIVE.COM

thanks

Im booked with a group on the July 2nd QM2, for less than it would cost me to book on my own ..... and the price includes airfare!!! from Dallas. (actually when I booked it says they are throwing in the hotel package too for free, one night at the Hyatt and transportation to dinner and a broadway musical. I do have to pay for dinner and the musical, and added 2 extra nights Im paying for at a cheaper hotel down the block the radisson).

We are doing 5 nights from NYC, and then we go to Hallifax and boston (we are there until midnight on the 4th) to see fireworks before back into NYC. Heck of a deal to me. Seems like a really fun group to me. Im willing to give it a try.

btw you can do all segments of the TA or just a part like we are doing NYC to NYC.

HI FF!

This is from a NY area online TA.. and I live on Long Island so the deals are sweet! I wish i had the time!!

HI FF!

This is from a NY area online TA.. and I live on Long Island so the deals are sweet! I wish i had the time!!

.... and I sure got a great deal. I ordinarily wouldnt do it, but since they are flying me there. .... oh yea the hotel part they threw in includes taking us to the port too. How could I say no. I now have 5 cruises in 2009, after promising I wouldnt book another one.

cruisinmama06 and some others from CC got the 15 day christmas cruise free with hotels and all the trimmings. She posts on the RCL boards and the family boards a lot. PH8 too got both of them free, she is on CC too. Im glad I got the one I got, I couldnt be gone that long because my parents depend on me. There was a thread about it going for a while over on RCL because cruisinmama had to move her Oasis cruise date.

Iv never done the QM2 before or really been to NYC, so this will be quite a experience. Iv been reading travel guides on NYC to see the maps. I cant imagine hating a cruise, so Im willing to give it a try. I hardly have dress up clothes, so I need to do some major shopping.

.... and I sure got a great deal. I ordinarily wouldnt do it, but since they are flying me there. .... oh yea the hotel part they threw in includes taking us to the port too. How could I say no. I now have 5 cruises in 2009, after promising I wouldnt book another one.

cruisinmama06 and some others from CC got the 15 day christmas cruise free with hotels and all the trimmings. She posts on the RCL boards and the family boards a lot. PH8 too got both of them free, she is on CC too. Im glad I got the one I got, I couldnt be gone that long because my parents depend on me. There was a thread about it going for a while over on RCL because cruisinmama had to move her Oasis cruise date.

Iv never done the QM2 before or really been to NYC, so this will be quite a experience. Iv been reading travel guides on NYC to see the maps. I cant imagine hating a cruise, so Im willing to give it a try. I hardly have dress up clothes, so I need to do some major shopping.

No way that deal you got is awesome.. could not pass that up!

When is this? If you need any suggestions for the city let me know

My email is below! There is a great site- newyorkled.com great list of what to do/see discounts..etc!

ENJOY IT!

Just a question, but what does all this TA and posting cruise prices have to do with the subject of this tread? :confused:

If you read back a few pages there was discussion regarding Cunard and whether or not it was affordable:)

No way that deal you got is awesome.. could not pass that up!

When is this? If you need any suggestions for the city let me know

My email is below! There is a great site- newyorkled.com great list of what to do/see discounts..etc!

ENJOY IT!

I bookmark the site. thanks. Next July 4th 09. We are voting on the musical and so far Jersey Boys is winning. I wanted Mama Mia. I may try to do a second musical. We are going to try taking the bus most of the way up Lexington to the central park zoo and then just walk staight across. I heard the staten island ferry is free, but the busses make no sense to get there. Im pretty excited to see NYC.

I dont see your email, mine is in my profile. If you think of any ideas besides this site let me know, but Im only staying 3 nights, not very long.

I bookmark the site. thanks. Next July 4th 09. We are voting on the musical and so far Jersey Boys is winning. I wanted Mama Mia. I may try to do a second musical. We are going to try taking the bus most of the way up Lexington to the central park zoo and then just walk staight across. I heard the staten island ferry is free, but the busses make no sense to get there. Im pretty excited to see NYC.

I dont see your email, mine is in my profile. If you think of any ideas besides this site let me know, but Im only staying 3 nights, not very long.

tishuspokefrench at yahoo

There is absolutely nothing in Staten Island to see unless you have relatives!.. you have to go all the way downtown for the ferry- honestly it would be a waste of time.. Its suburban..

Becareful crossing the park to the zoo ;).. My parents saw Jersey Boys and loved it! Mamma Mia.. well... its wonderful! We are going to see Rock of Ages on the 6th.. 80s musical.. great reviews!:)

The Company I work for also charges customers a fuel surcharge. The customers have been complaining about why it is still inforce when fuel cost is way down now. Well I asked the big bosses in my Company and they said for one they waited way after the fuel went up in price to add the fuel surcharge and also diesel fuel and jet fuel have not nearly come down in price as gasoline has. So with that said if the fuel stays like this for awhile the other prices should come down closer to the price of gasoline. Then we may see the fuel charges drop entirely.

Actually, I was responding to jonmar's implication that his/her supposedly superior knowledge of the legal circumstances involved would make her/his opinion of this matter the only valid one worth discussing. Read all of their posts. The Florida AG made a press release stating his opinion regarding the fairness of the fuel surcharge terms. Go ahead and continue to insist that McCollum's given opinion isn't a valid legal opinion (despite the circumstances of the statement), or that today's circumstances are materially different.

It's logical to concede that such a review of surcharge fairness has already occured, that the cruise fuel surcharge contract terms were adjusted based on that review, and that those revised terms are still in force. FWIW to you, I personally disagree with the principle of tacking on fuel surcharges to consumer sales items wherever they occur, but I won't insist that the law is on my side. I certainly won't challenge them on legal grounds given the events that I have just pointed out.

Good luck with your windmills, gallant knight. ;):D

"Hail, Knight of the Woeful Countenance, Knight of the Woeful Countenance................"

What about the airlines baggage charges. Wasn't the extra fuel costs/use the excuse for the new, excessive, bag charges?

Dan

Yes...but by not calling it a fuel surcharge...they can leave them in place and hope people do not remember why they were put into place.

Unfortunately, that ploy will work on most of the public.

:rolleyes:

Yes...but by not calling it a fuel surcharge...they can leave them in place and hope people do not remember why they were put into place.

Unfortunately, that ploy will work on most of the public.

:rolleyes:

So if CCL should start calling it the "Security Fee" or "Baggage Loading," or "Boarding Supplement!" All would be calm again.:eek::D

Dan

Archived