Bathroom goodies

venny

Hello

My wife and I are with Oceania next year in A2. We are from UK and my wife is interested in what is supplied for toiletries in the bathroom,mostly in the interests of travelling light. We have not heard of the products mentioned in the brochure but its really a case of knowing what not to bring.

Thanks

Ian & Mary

We got back a few weeks ago, and were also in an A2 cabin.

There was shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body scrub, body lotion, soap and something called 'refreshing splash' which we didn't use and was probably some sort of cologne. I tried everything else apart from the splash, and it was all quite good. I would just take my own hair conditioner as theirs wasn't great on my hair.

They were very generous and left a new bottle of each thing, well before we reached the end of it.

They were very generous and left a new bottle of each thing, well before we reached the end of it.
We were in a B2. None of our supplies got replaced automatically. (We didn't ask, and none were replaced to the end of our 12 day voyage.) As mentioned by another poster (copied and pasted below), you have to ask for (any individual item) before it is replaced. Perhaps Jancruz can clarify what ought to be right.

-------------

Just wanted to mention that the only way we managed to get more soap, lotions, etc. in our A2 cabin was to mention it to our room steward. O no longer automatically provides refills as they did when we went on our first cruise. (If memory serves, on our first cruise the toiletries were refreshed every third day. On our second cruise, we were down to the dregs in soap, shampoo, etc. We saw our room stewardess and asked for refills on day 5 and day 10. The only things that were refreshed were those that we specifically requested.)

We have been in B1 & C1 and never had to ask for replacements so it could just be the stewardess in that section.

We always had extras ...they replaced the bar soap long before it needed to be.

I guess f you are running low just ask for more.

We were in E (and both lucky and happy to get that in a late booking), and although the products were replaced, I definitely would bring my own shampoo and conditioner because those supplied by Oceania were lousy. I switched to the hair products supplied by my pre-boarding Istanbul hotel after a couple of days of lousy hair.

Aside from toiletries, you will find a hair dryer in one of the cabinet drawers. Complimentary slippers are given to each guest. A very heavy terry-cloth bathrobe is also supplied for each guest, but must be returned at end of trip. A large umbrella is stored in the closet. I thought the toiletries were excellent.

I too thought the toiletries were fine, although I did use my own hair products. We had an A2 stateroom and our attendant kept everything refilled. I used the "refreshing splash" on my feet after a long day of sight seeing and it was quite refreshing! Also in the spa changing area they have small sizes of hand lotion I used to take along when off the ship.

Each bath has a supply of body splash, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. There is also soap. If you have an owner's stateroom, the packaging is beautiful. Hope this helps. Also, I brought my own, however, I think if you needed more of any product they would supply it.

• 2 weeks later...

My recollection of amenities on O in 2006 and 2007 was very good, possibly Caswell Massey, but definitely a recognizable brand name. Just returned from a cuise earlier this month, concierge level, and found larger sizes of generic products. Six bottles as described by earlier posters and all automatically refreshed by cabin steward, however, quality was not up to previous standards. I spent my career in the cosmetic business and know the difference. Next time will bring my own shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Due to the economy, O has switched to generic amenities in most staterooms. Do not know if this holds true for O/S, V/S. I guess all cruise lines have to analyze their costs and I would prefer to see cuts made on toiletries rather than food.

Archived