Do GTY rooms booked together get placed together?

gill_boo

Looking at booking 2 rooms for a cruise with 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 10). If we booked 2 IS GTY rooms, will they accomodate and place them together? Or is there a good possibility we could be miles apart or decks apart. Obviously we would book with 1 adult and 1 child in each room, but once on board we would be looking at switching that up to get us in one room and the kids in another and would not want the kids further than a few rooms away.

Looking at booking 2 rooms for a cruise with 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 10). If we booked 2 IS GTY rooms, will they accomodate and place them together? Or is there a good possibility we could be miles apart or decks apart. Obviously we would book with 1 adult and 1 child in each room, but once on board we would be looking at switching that up to get us in one room and the kids in another and would not want the kids further than a few rooms away.

You really need to book specific cabins... GTY rooms may or may not be near each other. I've booked some that were close, and some that were on the other side of the ship... book specific rooms and don't take the chance especially since you plan to leave your kids in one of the cabins by themselves.

You would have to put an adult in each cabin if you booked as guarantees. together often means one in the front of the same deck as one in the aft. They will try to get them close, but close doesnt mean next door.

there was a poster on here about 6 months ago whining unfair, because her PVP had told her Carnival tries to get them close. She was on the same deck, only half a deck apart and had screaming fits and how she had been duped by her PVP. They do try to keep linked reservations close, but close is relative.

If you have kids I would not chance it. I did last year with a linked booking, asked the TA to put a note on the file that the other room is for our kids, We were put at opposite ends of the ship! We were very fortunate that we had some friends in that area so they kept an eye on them for us. They would not do anything to help us. Only option was to upgrade at the rates of that day to a specific cabin. By this time that was an expensive option.

One more thing, there is no rhyme or reason as to how Carnival assigns the rooms. I have taken 8 cruises in 2.5yrs. Booked over 50 cabins in total and still ended up with no upgrade. I definately have not had luck with this option in the 4 times I have used it. :confused: Yet many of my 1st time guests have had good upgrades, no logic here.

No more guarantees for me. Gambling's not my cup of tea!

Our original gty balcony cabins for our upcoming Victory cruise were assigned on the same deck but not very close. Instead of OBC (since the price dropped) they offered us 2 AFT cabins next to each other on a higher deck so we jumped at that. Luckily our 3rd inside cabin later got assigned right around the corner. We were very happy about how that worked out. Other times when we've booked more than 1 gty cabin we've always been on the same deck but not always close to each other.

Last year we needed two cabins of three, 4 adults and 2 teens. Carnival was offering an upgrade, but we decided to take our chances with the gty. We ended up in the EXACT same cabins. :D We did book only 5 weeks ahead and it was just after springbreak. Our district has a later break than others. If it was during a high season we would have picked our cabins.

Archived