Take the Cruise IQ Challenge!

Dan Askin

Hey,

How well do you know your cruise geography?

We've launched a beta version of Cruise IQ, a map-based geography game that'll will prove how much (or little) you know about the cruise ports you're visiting. It really is quite fun, despite how "nerdy" it sounds (map-based geography game?).

This version is pretty much just the game, but eventually we'll be adding features like a leaderboard and icons that allow you to show off your IQ.

It's easy to play but hard to master. Give it a try and tell me what you think or if you have any questions about the game.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseiq/

Thanks,

Dan

ugh...Canada killed me...

Canada has a reputation for felling the mighty. The key is Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, New Brunswick -- and if you get Martha's Vineyard, you can really pinpoint that one.

It took developing an unhealthy obsession with the game to improve my scores.

Hey,

How well do you know your cruise geography?

We've launched a beta version of Cruise IQ, a map-based geography game that'll will prove how much (or little) you know about the cruise ports you're visiting. It really is quite fun, despite how "nerdy" it sounds (map-based geography game?).

This version is pretty much just the game, but eventually we'll be adding features like a leaderboard and icons that allow you to show off your IQ.

It's easy to play but hard to master. Give it a try and tell me what you think or if you have any questions about the game.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseiq/

Thanks,

Dan

Great game....And I thought I was good at Geography...:(

That was fun, but I was surprised I made it to level 11....a bit easier than the similar TripAdvisor game. So...when DO we get leader boards :D?

Interesting comment, perhaps the experience you gained on tripadvisor version was beneficial? Can't promise a when on the leadeboard, but you can always add a "My Cruise IQ = 160" and your score to your board sig. As of now, it's just for friendly competition.

I didn`t get past the second stage.

Give us Europe!

Europe comes to those who pass the Mexican Riviera, Canada, Alaska and the States. I have confidence in you caber.

I scored 232,525. Got an IQ of 200. Look at the big brain on Rob!

Not quite breathing down your neck, Rob....224,271 (and that also gave me an "IQ" of 200.)

My downfall is Mexico...barely skin through, there

Knowledgeable CC'ers are bringing the game standards up. I just scored higher than my first run...and got a lower "IQ" mark.

You've got the gist of the game exactly. Works like the traditional IQ -- as the sample size grows, everything shifts accordingly. And because we are a knowledgeable group, as we get a more reflective sample, it's going to take a lot to move the needle. I can't imagine I'll be able to improve my IQ by that much, but who knows, if I play another 200 times, it might happen.

Archived