2 Guarantee Rooms - Near Each Other?

Does anyone have any experience with trying to book 4 people split up in 2 rooms (2 in each) and booking a guarantee for both rooms? Will RC try to accommodate you and put the rooms near each other or will they not guarantee this? I would be booking the 2 rooms at the same time, each as a guarantee. Is this possible? Or am I just taking a gamble on whether or not the rooms will be close in proximity to each other?

Does anyone have any experience with trying to book 4 people split up in 2 rooms (2 in each) and booking a guarantee for both rooms? Will RC try to accommodate you and put the rooms near each other or will they not guarantee this? I would be booking the 2 rooms at the same time, each as a guarantee. Is this possible? Or am I just taking a gamble on whether or not the rooms will be close in proximity to each other?

Taking a gamble. If you want to be together, the only way is to book assigned cabins..

Linking the bookings is for eating with the other folks, you should wind up at the same dinner table if you asked for the same time. It doesnt have anything to do with cabin assignments.

Good luck. The only thing they guarantee, is they will give you at least the category cabin you booked. That's why they are cheaper, you are allowing RCL to pick a cabin that no one else booked to fill the ship.

My last cruise was on Majesty and we had 2 ocean view rooms next to each other. Then a suite gty. came up at a wonderful price and I jumped on it, knowing full well that we would not be near each other. (4 adults, 2 in each room). We were assigned cabins right away and they were right next to each other. I called my TA to tell her that she was wonderful!! She had us moved so we would be next to each other. But I went in knowing that this would not happen and when it did I was over the moon. So anything can happen!!

Laura

On our cruise in august we booked 2 guarentee rooms with the reservations linked. One for us and one for our 17 yo son and 21 yo daughter. We were told they may not be close but that they would try. When the rooms were assigned we only had one room between us. This worked out perfectly!! Maybe we just got lucky.

On our cruise in august we booked 2 guarentee rooms with the reservations linked. One for us and one for our 17 yo son and 21 yo daughter. We were told they may not be close but that they would try. When the rooms were assigned we only had one room between us. This worked out perfectly!! Maybe we just got lucky.

Im surprised they would allow a 17 and 21 year old to book their own guarantee. RCL must not have the same rules as Carnival. Good to know.

I also have for my next cruise 2 reservations linked and have gone into the gty pot 2 times and both we were assigned cabins next to each other. Of course I did not want that since it is my young adult son and his gf. So I called and asked to be moved. I even asked about specific cabins and had no problem swiching.

Im surprised they would allow a 17 and 21 year old to book their own guarantee. RCL must not have the same rules as Carnival. Good to know.

21 and over is allowed on RCI, anyone under 21 must be in a cabin with someone over 21, as is the case here. Exception is made for married couples.

We traveled with friends last fall. We had a balcony guarantee and they had 2 JS guarantees. We were within 10 cabins of each other. Granted, we booked using a large consolidator, but they were able to get the message through to RCCI that we were traveling together.

Have you asked RCCI to link your reservations together for dinner, and to place your cabins in the same vicinity? Never hurts to ask!

Just today I switched from two connecting promenade cabins to two Q guarantees (at over a $937 per person savings :eek:). At that kind of savings, I must say I really didn't care if we were seperated by a few decks - (I could use the exercise_-- Anyhow... literally within minutes we were assigned our new cabins right next to one another. :D

Thanks again Royal Caribbean!!

I recently booked two inside staterooms on Mariner of the Seas for the December 14, 2008 sailing. I was fortunate enough to be assigned rooms within a couple days, and they were directly adjacent, in a prime location. The RC agent told me it was a gamble, but they did their best to accommodate parties like mine and yours. Worked out in my case. Good luck!

I booked 2 rooms on the AOS for January, but wasn't lucky enough to get the rooms close to one another. My kids(21 and 26) are in the front of the ship and I am at the back of the ship on Deck 7. Of course I knew this was a possibility, so I'm not upset, but has anyone had any luck calling RCCL and requesting that the rooms be closer to one another? I guess it couldn't hurt to try!

Archived