Just Returned from Venice - Info re: P.Roma to cruiseport & cruiseport to airport

Another option: we used Alilaguna from the port to San Marco, then again from San Marco (actually San Zaccharia) to the airport. They are equipped to handle luggage--would not have considered taking luggage on the vaporetto.

It was 6 E pp from the port--and right there, plus 3 E per bag. From S. Z. to the airport, it was 12 E pp but no luggage charge. At 1/4 the cost of a water taxi, I was very pleased. You buy the tickets right where you get the vaporetto tix.

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what I need is someone to tell me my plan will work. We will arrive in Venice 10/17 on Celebrity Summit. We are staying over three days, so a fast debarcation(sp?) is not critical. If there is a free shuttle from port to P Roma we will take it and store our two large bags there. If no shuttle we will take Vaporetto #2 from Tronchetto(what is Tronchetto?) to P Roma and then Vaporetto #1, with our 1 small bag down(up?) the canal, 4 stops to S. Stae where our hotel is. Our Flt. out on the 20th does not leave until 10:35, so again time is not to critical. Vaporetto to P.Roma pick up stored bags and then either land taxi or airport bus to airport. Does that sound like a doable plan?

I guess what I need is someone to tell me my plan will work. We will arrive in Venice 10/17 on Celebrity Summit. We are staying over three days, so a fast debarcation(sp?) is not critical. If there is a free shuttle from port to P Roma we will take it and store our two large bags there. If no shuttle we will take Vaporetto #2 from Tronchetto(what is Tronchetto?) to P Roma and then Vaporetto #1, with our 1 small bag down(up?) the canal, 4 stops to S. Stae where our hotel is. Our Flt. out on the 20th does not leave until 10:35, so again time is not to critical. Vaporetto to P.Roma pick up stored bags and then either land taxi or airport bus to airport. Does that sound like a doable plan?

Yes. It looks as though you could be in luck. The Costa Victoria should be in port that day sailing Venice round trips, so there will be a free shuttle. The rest will be easy and perfectly do-able.

Archived