Solstice - pictures of overhang at Sky Suite balconies

keiki40

I took a couple of other photos of the overhang from different angles but the one I posted showed the overhang best. It is significant and personally for me, I wouldn't enjoy this cabin because of it. It almost doesn't feel like you have a balcony.

The suite itself is very nice. Large room, nice furnishing, good size balcony. But the overhand wouldn't be for me. :o

Anne, right now it's too late to change the cabin as we are booked on the 11/30 cruise, but if we had known it before we would have chosen another cabin or cabin type.

The cabin itself looks very nice, but breakfast in the morning sun doesn't seem to be possible ........

Ursula

I took a couple of other photos of the overhang from different angles but the one I posted showed the overhang best. It is significant and personally for me, I wouldn't enjoy this cabin because of it. It almost doesn't feel like you have a balcony.

The suite itself is very nice. Large room, nice furnishing, good size balcony. But the overhand wouldn't be for me. :o

Anne - your pictures are just beautiful and show such much detail. The ship is so much more gorgeous that I could have imagined. Can't wait to sail Equinox next year!

Ursula ~ I wouldn't worry about it. It is a lovely cabin and this is such a wonderful ship that I'm sure you will be out exploring a lot of the time. You won't get any sun on these balconies at any time, but then nearly all of the balconies are enclosed and will see limited sun depending on the time of day except for the aft cabins. We enjoyed sitting on our baloncy last weekend, even without much sun.

You'll have a wonderful time!

kieki40

This overhang is similar to the overhang above the CC cabins on the sky deck on the M class ships. My wife and I have sailed in those and found that you do not really notice the overhang.

We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony many mornings. We also enjoyed the shade in the afternoons when many of the balconies were unbearable because of the sun.

Of course I do realize that it is a matter of personal preferance.

By the way, we are also on the 11/30 cruise in a SS and are really looking forward to it

Anne, I'm absolutely sure, that we will like the Solstice and enjoy our time on board. We've already seen the ship (not the interior) one day before it was floated out of the dock at the Meyer Werft and since that day we're so much looking foward to our coming vacancies; more than ever before. Hopefully the weather in Miami is good a few days before boarding so that we can get rid of the jetlag.

Ursula

We sailed in a CC cabin on the Summit a few years ago and I hated the overhang. Did not really see it as an issue in daylight, but at sunset and in the evening, really did notice the limited the view of the sky - but then I'm one of those nuts that likes to sit out late at night and look at the stars:D.

Anne, right now it's too late to change the cabin as we are booked on the 11/30 cruise, but if we had known it before we would have chosen another cabin or cabin type.

The cabin itself looks very nice, but breakfast in the morning sun doesn't seem to be possible ........

Ursula

I wouldn't worry about the overhang. We had one on Infinity and thought we'd be disappointed. We actually liked it and would prefer to be in a cabin with that overhang. If it rains, there is no way your balcony will get wet and we didn't notice a significant decrease in room light. It's true you won't get sun on your balcony. but sometimes when it's sunny out, it's too hot to sit on the balcony.

Have a great cruise.

Anne, Thank you so much for posting the beautiful pictures of Solstice. We have two of the aft SS rooms and I have been dying to see pictures of the room. They look wonderful!! Can't wait for our trip on 3/29/09!!

My sister is leaving for Florida tomorrow for her two night trip on the Solstice leaving 11/21/08. She couldn't wait for our family trip in March.

I am so jealous.

Jeanne

AV ~ nope, the Sky Suites on the Penthouse deck are all aft. The ones with the overhang are all on the Resort deck and are in-line down the sides of the ship.

Jeanne ~ you will love the aft SS. I'd love to have one of those!!!! ENJOY!

For everyone waiting to sail Solstice, she is well worth the wait. I said the other day, I could sail on this class of ship all the time and be perfectly content, in any cabin!!!! :)

That's a "relief" (I mean, it's not like- oh good my child is healthy kind of relief, more of a okey dokey).

We are 2 adults 2 kids (ages 11 and 13) I see a sofa bed- can a roll away fit in a sky suite- they love each other, but would prefer not to kick each other in the head all night. Is a roll away possible?

Amy

Terri ~ you'll be on the prettiest ship I've every seen. The overhang is no big deal when you factor the entire experience together.

Amy ~ they don't do roll aways in cabins. In looking at the deck plan it appears you have a trundle bed so one would sleep on the top of the trundle (coach) and the other bed pulls out below the coach so they are at least 12 - 18" apart in height :)

For what it is worth, we love the overhang and pick cabins based on this. I get enough sun here in Florida. I really don't want to be sweating sitting out in the sun for breakfast. The only drawback i can tell is that you don't see the stars right above you at night, but you see them out off the ship so it is no big deal.

It has rained a few times and these balconies are great. No one else could be out and we were enjoying ours!

The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks to us.

enjoy,

Duane

Archived