for the one millionth time, can dividers be removed?

tanyanubin

I know, I know....how annoying am I? But I just tried doing a search for that answer, and as often as I've seen it all over the boards, I can't seem to find it. So, you sweet, lovable, PATIENT cruise critic members, CAN a balcony divider be removed between 2 rooms? Specifically between Legend extended balcony rooms? Thanks!

Here's how they secured them on our balconies on the Legend. We had 7256/7258/7260. 7260 is a handicap accessible cabin we needed for my sister, but the cabin next door has an equally long balcony...7258! Be sure your first stop when boarding is the pursers desk, with one person from each cabin present to put in your request. Maintenance came by early the next morning and did them.

2950381990064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2316186750064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We just got back from our Triumph cruise and we had our balcony dividers opened. We asked the room steward but he couldn't do it without permission from the pursers desk. We then went down to ask and they said no problem. It was opened that day for us. I assume the Legend will be the same (not without permission). Enjoy your cruise. J & B

I know, I know....how annoying am I? But I just tried doing a search for that answer, and as often as I've seen it all over the boards, I can't seem to find it. So, you sweet, lovable, PATIENT cruise critic members, CAN a balcony divider be removed between 2 rooms? Specifically between Legend extended balcony rooms? Thanks!

Some are able to be removed, some are not.

Our friends booked a cabin next to us a few years ago and they opened the divider for us. Not on the second, third or last day of the cruise, but at that exact moment. We asked if they could and he came back in about 5 min and opened it right up!!

We just got back from our Triumph cruise and we had our balcony dividers opened. We asked the room steward but he couldn't do it without permission from the pursers desk. We then went down to ask and they said no problem. It was opened that day for us. I assume the Legend will be the same (not without permission). Enjoy your cruise. J & B

Did your balcony divider open towards the cabin or towards the rail?

Dividers are different on the different classes of ships. On the Glory we were able to open ours own too....can't do it on the Spirit class, they require the hardware in the picture above.

And this is the keyhole to open them on the Glory. They do not secure to anything once opened (on the aft cabins anyway)

2938702210064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Daughter and I were on the Miracle this Jan with another booked for THIS WEEK!!

I verified with the pursers desk about opening the balcony dividers as I had reserved the same room and the one next. They consulted a chart and said yes. It is aft balconies. So in less than 3 days we will find out.

I verified with the pursers desk about opening the balcony dividers as I had reserved the same room and the one next. They consulted a chart and said yes. It is aft balconies. So in less than 3 days we will find out.

Which balconies on the aft? I will be on the Miracle in March...aft wrap and our friends are next door; read somewhere they won't open them....good to hear from someone that has been recently!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home at 2 this am from the Miracle. First thing we did on boarding was one of us from each of the two cabins, 5299 and 5270, went to the pursers desk to request opening of our balcony divider. They informed me that they could not be opend. Explained that I had checked in jan. They said no for safety reasons. I was very annoyed but it did not spoil my cruise. So in Jan they were able to be opened and now no aft, off the back of the ship, are allowed to be opened per pursers desk.

Archived