Questions about Stone Island on your own

39august

How long, timewise, to walk to the water taxi dock from ship's dock? Are there sufficient life vests on the water taxis? How long to walk to the beach area near Lety's? Do any of the beach bars serve premium tequila like Heradura or Patron? Is the beach fairly clean or trashy? Thanks for any input.

How long, timewise, to walk to the water taxi dock from ship's dock? Are there sufficient life vests on the water taxis? How long to walk to the beach area near Lety's? Do any of the beach bars serve premium tequila like Heradura or Patron? Is the beach fairly clean or trashy? Thanks for any input.

Walk to water taxi from ship: about 10 minutes; there is a long thread that explains it perfectly

Life vests: yes, on some not all boats (our boat to had vests, coming back had none)

walk on beach: don't know where lety is, but to Victors was a leisurely 10 minutes

tequila: ???

Beach: it seemed very clean and was dead quiet last week.

hth

November 6th, lifejackets were required over and back. Didn't have to put it on but had to have it in your posession. When you get on board you will find them stuffed in the overhead holders.

Lety's is next door to Victor's, 10-15 minutes is about right. If you want to be guaranteed "good" tequilla, take your own. Some say liquor is only available through private tours.

Every place I've been to in Mexico is littered, it's a different culture (and VERY limited recycling programs). You'll see it high on the beach if you walk east from Victor's. But the main area is kept clean.

I would say the above poster is correct. I took the directions from CC and had no problem finding where to go. The water taxi was $2 each. Our water taxi had some life vests under the seats.

We went to Molokays and had the best food and rented ATV's for $35 an hour last week. I didn't notice Lety's, but Victors was just past Molokays a bit. We ate there last time we were there and it was good too!

The beach was clean and the water was so blue. I'll have some pictures up next weekend.

Archived