Can I be a pain? - too long signatures

eventfarm

Should people reduce the size of their signatures to less than 6"?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Should people reduce the size of their signatures to less than 6"?

• Yes, it makes reading the thread easier.
    • Yes, I have sigs turned off because of this and I'd like to turn them back on
    • No, to each his own.
    • I don't care - I have sigs turned off and don't plan on turning them back on.

Teri, I am not sure if there is a way or not... I can see if Randy can help you out... I think the problem is, the banners are HUGE!! LOL! So when you get 3 or 4 of them, they can be overwhelming. I'm not sure if that is a quirk in that particular banner making program or not. I've tried to make mine smaller, but the last one came out bigger than I wanted, but still, 3-4 stacked on top of each other still aren't too bad. But if you get 3-4 banners, plus 3-4 countdown clocks (because there are people that have both, LOL), then a picture or two, and then a bunch of writing, it can get to be too much and you end up doing the opposite of what you want... you turn people off (not you honey!! LOL!) I think part of the problem is that CC really doesn't define what they would prefer. They allow x number of images, but those images can be huge... and then you can type in the biggest font for days in there... I think if they defined it, it wouldn't be an issue. This same thread comes up every few months, same thing over and over and over again. We should ALL WANT to make CC a better place, and make it a more pleasant place for members... as soon as I came back from my cruise I started tidying things up... I've probably been the most attacked person on CC for my post count, saints and sinners, signatures, etc... so I try to be very understanding, and usually defend this topic, but there are some that even I can't handle, and I don't want to have those people on ignore, but it's the only solution to the problem until the powers that be define what is reasonable and what is out of control...

I would like to remove my ticker from a year ago

but when I go to the user cp it shows the ticker not the text.

I don't know how to remove it. Can anyone help?

It's very easy.

Go to your User Control Panel, select Edit Signature..

there you see the ticker...click on the ticker itself

...you'll notice it'll become 'selected' with tiny squares at its corners and at mid-points?

hit DELETE (it's gone!)

and then SAVE --and you're done!

The signatures don't bother me.....I think that most of them are creative and unique to each individual:) I love seeing where people have been and where they are going.....coming from one of those people with a "cute" holiday animal in my signature:p

When you come across such a poster:

Left click on their name

Click on view public profile

Look right under their avatar or their name for "User List"

Click on that and it gives you 3 options with the last being Ignore User.

Click on that one and it will no longer show you posts by that particular user.

Now you can enjoy the boards and not have to shut all the signatures off if you don't want them off.

It really is as simple as this!

Best idea yet!

Now, because of their silly signatures we get to see nothing they contribute!

Maybe that'll convince them to tone it down?

I'm going to have some blocking fun, right now.

Thanks for this selective treatment idea!!

Best idea yet!

Now, because of their silly signatures we get to see nothing they contribute!

Maybe that'll convince them to tone it down?

I'm going to have some blocking fun, right now.

Thanks for this selective treatment idea!!

I will say this... some of the ones with the extra long signatures, really don't contribute anything in other areas of the board which is why I don't let it bother me as bad. There was a recent review thread that I wanted to read but it was 70% signatures, so I turned them off while I read it... otherwise, they really aren't out and about on the boards too much... but you do occasionally get a straggler :p LOL!!!

I think this is just silly. If people want to have long signatures- just ignore them. Either with the block function or scroll past. It's really not that hard.

I don't like long signatures, but that doesn't mean I think people shouldn't have them. Now, what I really hate are those blinky signatures. Ew. But, you know what, I scroll past them.

I will say this... some of the ones with the extra long signatures

really don't contribute anything in other areas of the board which is why I don't let it bother me as badly.

I was just about to ask

if this odd phenomenon is happening on the Carnival Cruises board only

but you may have just answered that..

Teri, I am not sure if there is a way or not... I can see if Randy can help you out... I think the problem is, the banners are HUGE!! LOL! So when you get 3 or 4 of them, they can be overwhelming. I'm not sure if that is a quirk in that particular banner making program or not. I've tried to make mine smaller, but the last one came out bigger than I wanted, but still, 3-4 stacked on top of each other still aren't too bad. But if you get 3-4 banners, plus 3-4 countdown clocks (because there are people that have both, LOL), then a picture or two, and then a bunch of writing, it can get to be too much and you end up doing the opposite of what you want... you turn people off (not you honey!! LOL!) I think part of the problem is that CC really doesn't define what they would prefer. They allow x number of images, but those images can be huge... and then you can type in the biggest font for days in there... I think if they defined it, it wouldn't be an issue. This same thread comes up every few months, same thing over and over and over again. We should ALL WANT to make CC a better place, and make it a more pleasant place for members... as soon as I came back from my cruise I started tidying things up... I've probably been the most attacked person on CC for my post count, saints and sinners, signatures, etc... so I try to be very understanding, and usually defend this topic, but there are some that even I can't handle, and I don't want to have those people on ignore, but it's the only solution to the problem until the powers that be define what is reasonable and what is out of control...

You are such a sweety Chris :) If Randy or Mach want to addjust my siggy to compact it, I am ok with it. My LOOTer banner though was designed by my son :D(proud mommy) so I am partial to it :)

ps wish I could go on S&S5 but no more room for banners LMAO!!:rolleyes:

Many of "that group" ;) do contribute on other areas of the boards quite frequently. And for folks too busy to scroll down past a long signature, you sure are spending quite a bit of time on here talking about it. If you don't like the sigs, CC has provided a way to not have to view them. That really should take care of the issue. This bantering back and forth really doesn't serve any of us does it? :confused:

I don't have a problem with the length of the posts, but I do think PAST cruise tickers is ridiculous (no offense intended) . . . why not a grouping of your past cruises similar to mine, in smaller type, telling the whole story of past cruises ?

I have difficulty even with my past cruise history as one is limited to so many characters and changing colors uses up a lot of characters ! Soon, I hope :D, I'll have to start using the same color as I'll have exceeded the "character" allowance in my signature.

Many of "that group" ;) do contribute on other areas of the boards quite frequently. And for folks too busy to scroll down past a long signature, you sure are spending quite a bit of time on here talking about it. If you don't like the sigs, CC has provided a way to not have to view them. That really should take care of the issue. This bantering back and forth really doesn't serve any of us does it? :confused:

If you will read what I said, I never mentioned "a group", nor did I imply it... I said "some of the ones with the extra long signatures, really don't contribute anything in other areas of the board"... as you will note, I am friends with many in "that group" and just cruised with some in "that group", so I would never make any such implication :)

My issue has nothing to do with time... we were asked to police ourselves... some have, some haven't. With as much trouble as we have with the boards, one would think that everyone would WANT to clean the place up a little bit... this is our home away from home on the internet... surely nobody would leave food sitting around for a few years regardless of how much they enjoyed it :p Or stack magazines a mile high... Housecleaning and clutter reduction isn't a bad thing... :D

You are such a sweety Chris :) If Randy or Mach want to addjust my siggy to compact it, I am ok with it. My LOOTer banner though was designed by my son :D(proud mommy) so I am partial to it :)

ps wish I could go on S&S5 but no more room for banners LMAO!!:rolleyes:

LOL!!! I will see if there is a way of making them side by side hun!!

Yeah... I'm still mulling over the Splendor cruise, and trying to add a quickie sometime after the first of the year... I really should just retire and live on a cruise ship... that would be the life for me!!!!

I ve been on 38 cruises, but I don't see any need to list them all here.

Why not make yourself a web page and then put a link here for anyone that wants to look it over. You could also put your pictures there from all your trips.:D

I don't have a problem with the length of the posts, but I do think PAST cruise tickers is ridiculous (no offense intended) . . . why not a grouping of your past cruises similar to mine, in smaller type, telling the whole story of past cruises ?

I have difficulty even with my past cruise history as one is limited to so many characters and changing colors uses up a lot of characters ! Soon, I hope :D, I'll have to start using the same color as I'll have exceeded the "character" allowance in my signature.

Gary, are you stalking me again?? :p LMAO!!! :D

You have a perfect signature doll!!!

It was bothering me at first, but now that I've been turned on to the Ignore List, it's not so bad!! Infact this post has kind of brought alot of people with long signatures to one place so I get them all in one shot :)

ROFLMAO!! Okay, that just gave me my first belly laugh of the day!!!!!

Stranger[/color];17056971]I'm only interested in the questions & answers. I mostly post at work and don't have time to peruse lists of cruises. Those long signatures waste my time when I need to scroll down quickly, read and get out off the board before the boss steps back in.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but you can go to user CP and change the order in which a thread is posted . . . in other words, the most recent posts are right on the top, instead of the other way around. Then you only need to scroll down to the last post you read instead of scrolling through the entire thread. :)

Hope this helps you keep your job. :rolleyes:

Archived