Packing List

yesornocruising

I have a list someone else on here emailed me (can't locate it now b/c I'm at work). However, if anyone else has more ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I'm getting really nervous that I won't pack right. We're leaving Sunday for a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Triumph. It's me, dh, two daughters (almost 2 and almost 6) and my mom. I'm not as concerned about my 5 year old b/c she can do CC, but the baby will be with us and I want to be sure I've got enough packed for her.

Does anyone do laundry while on cruises? I hadn't planned on it but wondered if it would help in not packing so many clothing items. Also, what types of snack, drinks and toys did you keep in the room? Oh, and did you dress your baby for dinner on the formal nights? Meaning, did you buy a fancy dress or outfit? I have several sweater dresses for our girls that are pretty and something nice for Thanksgiving dinner, but the rest are just pretty dresses, nothing really fancy.

Any more advice I can get last minute will be appreciated. I'm shopping again this afternon for a dress for myself and then will go home and get more packing done. TIA!

To avoid stressing, don't worry about doing your packing "perfectly". You can always send out laundry (I've never sailed on a ship with a passenger laundry facility, but I'm not spending my vacation washing clothes) and it is well worth it. I have found most people do have a dress up outfit for the baby and it makes for some darling pictures.

Have a great trip, you will be fine.

Make sure you have enough of everything you will need for the baby--they don't sell baby stuff--diapers and such, so you need to make sure you won't run out!

As far as your clothes, remember that you can wear stuff more than once, unless you spill alot! For instance, I'd slip on a pair of shorts for breakfast, then change into my bathing suit, and I'll wear those shorts several more times for that short breakfast! Unless something is stained, it can be reworn!

I cruised last December with my just turned 2 year old DD and am about to cruise again with her again in 2 weeks. We had a wonderful time.

If it's not already on your list, I'd suggest a few of the inexpensive take & toss sippy cups as well as individually wrapped snacks that you can take into port with you. We brought 100 calorie cracker snack packs, teddy grahams, fruit/cereal bars, and a few suckers for the plane to help with her ears. Crayons & a pad of paper, stickers, and a travel sized magna doodle were good to have on hand for dinner. The portable DVD player was a god-send at the airport and to have in the cabin before nap or night time. Also I brought a small inflatable infant-sized pool which I used on the balcony and in the shower stall as a make-shift bath. It worked very well. A blanket and/or stuffed animal from home might make her more comfortable in a new bed.

I did bring two nice dresses for my DD and had lots of pictures taken on formal nights. I am really glad I did as she received lots of compliments and smiles from strangers, and one of the pictures we purchased I used on our Christmas card last year. Your daughters would fit in fine in the dresses you mentioned if you don't want to go the fancy route. Have a great cruise.

I'm leaving on my 2nd cruise (1st cruise for DD who is 18mo) on Sunday too - Crown Princess.

I did buy her 2 "fancy" outfits for formal nights. One is her Christmas dress, so it's something I would have bought her anyway. The other is not quite as formal, black velour pants and a fancy sweater that I bought on clearance - both of which can be dressed-down with jeans/more casual top and worn again later. I think the sweater dresses would probably be very cute and appropriate.

I am taking a sample size of detergent so I can do laundry if needed, but I hope not to do any. I've also packed a small piece of laundry bar soap (Zote soap) to rub on stain or even hand wash if it's just one thing that needs washing.

For DD I'm packing about 5 books, a magnadoodle, babydoll, and if I can fit it in, some sand toys.

Archived