soda cards

snapcutter

They do have soda cards. Unless the price has changed recently, it should be $28.75 for a 7 day cruise. They come with a little sticker to put on your cruise card, and a insulated cup that holds almost exactly 12 ounces -- a little less if you want ice.

Does anyone know if NCL has soda cards you can buy? We had them on the Golden Princess this past May. Trying to get all the information I can before sailing on the 21 of Nov. on Star.

Snapcutter

The most recent info I have the soda card is 28.75 for an adult and 16.00 for a child.

I will be on the star the same time and I ahve set up a cc meeting. Check the roll call boards for all the info. Cant wait to see you there.

CJ

• 2 weeks later...
They do have soda cards. Unless the price has changed recently, it should be $28.75 for a 7 day cruise. They come with a little sticker to put on your cruise card, and a insulated cup that holds almost exactly 12 ounces -- a little less if you want ice.

I never did find out whether you had to present both the tin cup and your card with the sticker on to get a drink, or just one - it depended on who served you!!! Contrary to other reports on this site, I did not get ignored when ever I was ordering my free drink.

Bought one for DD on our recent cruise. She never had a problem getting it filled. If you are buying for a child in the Kids Crew, they will get a bracelet instead of having to carry the cup around or showing their card each time. She never had to wait for a soda water. It is a good deal if you drink a lot of soda.

Hi Just got off the dawn. I bought the soda card. It cost me $38.00 for an eleven day cruise. You get a coke sticker put on your card. And you also get a coke insulated cup. You can do it one of two ways for refill. Take your cup to anybar and they will fill it with your choice of soda or if you are at the pool side or club you can just hand it to a waiter. If you dont feel like carrying around your cup all day. No problem. Just flash your card with the red coke sticker and they will gladly fill it for you. Here is a tip look for the bar in the garden cafe on your ship or the Cafe. If you eat at the buffet you can get your cup filled there. But if you do not have a bar there. Just hand your cup to any waiter there. You do not need to go and hunt a place down to get a drink. They will get if for you and bring it back. And dont worry about an extra tip. No need. Hope this helps you out.

Just got off the 11/13 sailing of the Star. Soda card for adult was $31.50. You get a "Coke" bottle with a lid for refilling. If you don't carry that with you, you can still get soda in a plastic glass. This is only for Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite. You won't get a can of soda (that is for individuals paying $1.50 for their soda). The container doesn't hold a lot of soda, and I found out that most of the refills (not done at the bar) were from a 2-liter bottle of soda (and sometimes were flat, I drank Diet Coke). I never had to tip extra for this service. I usually took my refillable container to a bar/lounge to get filled. I had a "Coca Cola" sticker put on my keycard, and you have to show that each time you want a refill. It's well worth the cost, as when you get a $1.50 can of soda, you still have to pay the 15% gratuity! I'm not a big soda drinker, but I can only drink so much water or milk (or ice tea and coffee).

Something like 28-30 bucks for a 7 day event - the kids were jonesing on the fuzzy sugar water. Never had to ask twice for service, but then, they were bringing us adults foo-foo cocktails.

The trick to keeping the service good for the soda drinkers is to have a foo-foo cup (or three) on the table with your group. They'll hound you to buy drinks, and you can then say "not just yet, thank you, but I think the kids would like a soda"...They bring the sodas gladly and I occasionally buy the coctails from them with equal enthusiasm!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How does one go about getting this sticker? Can it be requested before boarding via NCL customer service so when you check in it is already on your card or do it when you check in or after you board with Purser's Desk? I don't think my hubby will want to carry around a bottle, cup, etc so as long as the sticker on his card is all that is needed he will be happy - by the pool and at dinner will be his times for wanting soda naturally. Thankyou!

I think they can be ordered in advance from the NCL website, along with the rest of the Bon Voyage gifts. I doubt the sticker will be placed automatically on your card, but would probably be waiting for you in your room.

They are also available any of the bars the 1st day of the cruise. We went to the buffet for lunch the 1st day on the Sun, and just bought ours at the poolside bar at the same time.

I don't know how NCL does the soda card, but I got one with Carnival and I think it is probably the same deal. I never had any problem getting served, and half the time they did not even check the soda card carefully.

I am not a soda drinker except I like a little as a mixer with my drink. My girlfriend doesn't like the drinks, but is a soda drinker. So, I used the card to get her drinks and occasionally pilfered one for my in-room cocktail. It was convenient for her at dinner, too.

If you do the math, you'd have to order around 20 sodas over the course of a cruise to come out ahead, and I know I would not drink anywhere near that, so it was not a good deal for me. Plus, on Carnival, some of the glasses were about 8 oz; not much soda there with ice in it. In the pool area they used larger plastic glasses of a nice size. Anyone know if NCL has larger glasses by the pool too? Do you know if NCL requires you to use their mug or can you get soda in a "normal" glass with the card?

Archived